Title: How to Finish Your Self-Published Book Fast
Author: Judy Cullins
Copyright 2005.  All Rights Reserved.

Bio: Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach works with small
business people who want to make a difference in people's lives, build their
credibility and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Author of 10
eBooks including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast, Ten Non-Techie
Ways to Market Your Book Online, The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Targeted Web
Traffic, and Power Writing for Web Sites That Sell, she offers free help
through her 2 monthly ezines, "The BookCoach Says...," "Business Tip of the
Month,"
and blog Q & A at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 170 free
articles. Email her at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Article URL: www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles/article-175.shtml
Article Autoresponder: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author Contact Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Category: Writing / Publishing / eBook

bookcoaching clients do you say, "I have so many other demands, I just can't
get to
the book."  Let me share two ways to speed up your process.

self-published book, book publishing, bookcoach, epublishing, titles sell
books, how
to write a book, publicize and promote your book, market your book online,
ebook promotion, book selling, book profits, free promotion, information
products, writing ebook, epublishing

Words: 650

Thanks,
Judy Cullins, M.A.

P.S. To receive a complete list of over 170 free articles with autoresponder
addresses go to www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles.shtml.
================

How to Finish Your Self-Published Book Fast
Judy Cullins Â2005 All Rights Reserved.

Started a book and then got bogged down? Like many of my bookcoaching clients
do you say, "I have so many other demands, I just can't get to the book."

This isn't procrastination or fear. Most writers get stuck when they don't
know how to move forward, finish, publish and sell their unique, useful book to
audiences just waiting for it to come out. Let me share two ways to speed up
your process.

One. Take One or More High Level Action Each Day

Another to do, you groan? Not really. If you don't make your book one of the
top three priorities in your life, it won't finish it.

Get real. How many hours can you give to your book a week?
If not ten, I say you may never get your book out. Clients get so discouraged
when they don't do their fieldwork for our coaching calls, so I came up with
one solution of doing one High Level Activity or more each day for five days a
week. (HLAs) Go ahead; take the weekend off like I do.

Some HLA steps include:

- Write on a chapter that you have passion for first.
- Write 2-3 pages a day on just one chapter.
- Finish one chapter before you move on.
- Write 3-6 questions you need to answer for your audience for each chapter
before you write a word.
- Read a book on how to put a chapter together the fast way
- Write in your organizer each day the specific HLAs you will do
- Contact a book coach who has low-cost teleclasses, small group coaching
groups, or writes books on the topic you need help on.
- Write a sample chapter introduction with a hook and thesis to direct your
reader to the meat.
-Write compelling copy so your reader will turn all the pages and recommend
your book to others.

Sample Organizer Page

Write your intention: I finish this book (name the title) by (name date and
year)

Affirm: I stay on track every day with my HLA's.

Take Action: My HLAs for Wednesday, date, year

1. Contact a cover person for my how to book
2. Answer three questions for chapter 6. For example,
- Can I write print or eBook at the same time?
- What's the best eBook format for my bookâs purpose and me?
- How much will it cost to self- publish? (A lot less than you think)
- Add front and back material to sell more copies

Think of the Payoffs.

The trick is to finish these three HLAs or even one before you go to bed that
day. If you finish fully, you'll feel confident and your guilt will
disappear.

Two. Write Fast-Forward, Well-Organized, Easy-to-Read Chapters

Do you try to use past research for your chapters? This is not necessary. All
you need to do is answer your reader's concerns and questions.

Your reader wants your to solve his problem or challenge, whether it be to
make more money, save more money, create better relationships, connect with
their inner self, or to communicate better.

If you don't answer these in each chapter, your reader will say "ho hum" or
"I'm confused, what's the point of this chapter? They will put your book down
and not recommend it to others.

One common mistake writers make with their books:

They don't complete one chapter with all its parts including the sizzling
hook and introduction, the middle with stories or how tos with engaging
headlines, and the ending that inspires the writer to keep going to the next
chapter.

When you sidetrack, you get off focus, and that's also a big challenge for
book writers. When you focus, you write so much faster, and with a little
professional help, get to market so much sooner.  Results? More cash flow so
you can
market and promote properly.