Title: Tips For Starting Your Home Based Business
Author: Loring A. Windblad
Word count: 741; 65 characters per line
Contact e-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Category: Business. Education, Lifestyle
Autoresponder: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author URL: http://reprintarticles.com/Loring_Windblad.php
Terms for reprint:
1. You must publish the article AS IS. Do not modify, alter or edit it.
2. The author's resource box must accompany the article at all times.
3. The link/s must be active or clickable.
4. Notifying the author is not required, but doing so is appreciated.
This article is distributed as part of the ReprintArticles.com
Featured Author service at http://reprintarticles.com/featuredauthor.php
Tips For Starting Your Home Based Business
by Loring A. Windblad
There are many reasons why people choose to start a home-based
business. Some of these are:
1. Dissatisfied with your present employment situation.
2. Out of work due for whatever reason.
3. You need to be home to care for young children.
4. You need to be at home to care for an infirm family member
or aging parents.
5. You really want to be your own boss.
6. You really could use an additional income source.
7. You wish to have more time to spend with family or friends.
Over the years I have identified two of the most important
factors in recognizing people who should not be starting a home
based business. If a prospective entrepreneur says something
"I'm broke -- I need to make some fast money!"
"I really want to start a home-based business but I don't want to
spend any money on the business until I start making some money."
...it is certain that they have not addressed reality and, with
that mindset, they will most certainly fail.
First, It takes a lot of time to successfully market and promote
a new business and, if it is an internet business, a whole lot of
"savvy" and information and resources you have probably never
heard of. For a pretty good "first start" effort at setting up
your internet business, see my article Tips For A Successful
Internet Business.doc, also available through this resource --
GoArticles.com. If you are planning a home-based business in order
to spend a lot of time with young children or care for the
elderly, a full-time business (and income) may not be a realistic
Second, spend some time researching your business idea. The
internet is a great source of information.
Third, learn as much as you can about small business. go to
http://www.sba.gov/ and navigate to the sections dealing with
home based businesses.
Fourth, write a business plan. Beyond my own eBook on starting a
Home-based Business, here are a couple of Small Business
Administration website locations that should prove useful:
Finally, seek the advice of a tax professional. See my article on
taxes and choosing your tax man for some valuable tips and
insight into this aspect of your Home-based business.
Whatever your reason(s) for starting a home-based business and
whatever kind of endeavor you choose, there are a few common
steps you need to take in order to launch your business and be
Right now your first step should be to learn all you can about
beginning a successful Home-based business. I have written
several articles, which I'm turning into an eBook, on all the
basic tips you need to start your own successful Home-based
Business, be it truly "at home" or "on the internet". Check the
following article list and pick out all you believe would be
helpful to you:
1. Do I Really Need A Business Plan.doc
2. Writing A Homebased Business Plan.doc
3. Tax advantages of a homebased business.doc
4. How to Set Up Easy, Efficient Bookeeping.doc
5. Should You Pay to Join a Home Business Opportunity.doc
6. There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch Anymore.doc
7. How to Make Your Hobby Pay.doc
8. Tips For A Successful Internet Business.doc
9. Telecommuting, The New Way To Work From Home.doc
10. Writing Effectively Part 1.doc
11. Writing Effectively Part 2.doc
12. Home Based Business Time Wasters.doc
Then email me and request all the articles -- by title -- you
decide you will need or will be helpful to you...and get started
on your new successful Homebased business life. I'll email your
articles to you in MS .DOC format. They're free. Or go to my
website and download the complete eBook -- for free. But give it
until April because its not yet written -- it's still just a
plan that needs to come together. The full eBook will have a few
more topics and chapters than the article list above.
I'm always amazed at the number of people who seem to think that
magic is somehow created when you put in the words "home based"
ahead of "business". It's still a business...it just happens to
be based in the home...and you have to treat it "as a business",
keep regular business hours, and do everything you would do if
you went to the office in order to have a successful "home-based
business". There simply are no substitutes for hard work and
Copyright © 2004 Loring A. Windblad
About Loring: Loring Windblad has operated his own HBBs for
nearly 40 years, is a published author and freelance writer.
Loring has written grants, business plans and resumes that got
the job done right. His latest HBB endeavor is
List of articles by Loring A. Windblad: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE USING ARTICLES POSTED ON THE GROUP:
1. Print the article in its entirety. Don't make any changes in the article .
2. Print the resource box with all articles in their entirety.
3. Send the Author a copy of the reprinted article or the URL
where the articles was posted.
Anything short of following these three rules is a violation
of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: