Title: Hidden in Plain Sight: How to Attract What You Want in Life
Author: Keith Varnum
Word count: 1,207; 65 characters per line
Contact e-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Categories: Essays, Lifestyle, Pets & Animals, Religion &
       Spirituality, Self-Help & How-To's
Autoresponder: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Article URL: http://reprintarticles.com/hidden_in_plain_sight.php
Author URL: http://reprintarticles.com/Keith_Varnum.php

Terms for reprint:
1. You must publish the article AS IS. Do not modify, alter or edit it.
2. The author's resource box must accompany the article at all times.
3. The link/s must be active or clickable.
4. Notifying the author is not required, but doing so is appreciated.

This article is distributed as part of the ReprintArticles.com
Featured Author service at http://reprintarticles.com/featuredauthor.php

Hidden in Plain Sight: How to Attract What You Want in Life
by Keith Varnum

You can't fool Mother Nature. But she sure can fool you. What a
beauty she is -- wowing us with her spacious skies and purple
mountains majesty, and taunting us with her tantalizing
tapestries of flora, fauna and frolicking creatures. From the
spine-tingling glacial lakes of Alaska to the heart-warming
mystical canyons of Arizona, I've experienced some of her best
creations. Nature and I have been very intimate. I felt I knew
her secrets. Boy, was I wrong!

I admit, I only wanted her for her looks and the way she makes me
feel. It never occurred to me that Mother Nature has a deeper,
more compassionate, protective side. I ignored her whispers that
she has gifts for me -- treasures more valuable than gold. And I
was blind to the clues she scattered on my path.

In my youth, if Mother Nature told me her wild birds could guide
me back to a lost path, I'd have felt she was nutty as a squirrel.
Knowing that I wouldn't listen to her, she sent a skilled sage to
get her message through my thick skull. The Native American
medicine man asked a simple question: "Did you know that
rattlesnakes only bite "civilized" people and leave tribal people
alone?" I felt the "crazy" shaman had a few rattles loose in his
brain. But his words were intriguing. "How could that be?" I
wondered. "Why would a snake choose to bite some people and leave
others alone?" His preposterous claim haunted me.

Unbeknownst to me at the time, this bold assertion propelled my
life into a new direction that would take me off my known map
into uncharted territory. Mother Nature was luring me in. I was
the cat. She was the nip. She was determined to get my attention!

A Helpful Hawk

My first clue to the guiding, caring aspect of Mother Nature
occurred when a bird led me back to a hiking trail I'd lost. I'd
gotten about 50 yards off the path, heading in the wrong
direction. Suddenly a bird screeched. Looking up, I spotted a
low-flying hawk circling intently over a particular spot. An
investigation was in order. When I arrived at the spot he was
focused on, he flew off. Wow! I found myself standing smack in
the middle of the lost trail! My winged friend had delivered me
back to my path.

Dancing with Danger

Mother Nature had just begun to rearrange my understanding about
the inner workings of the natural world. She arranged for me to
experience safety in situations that are usually hazardous for
humans. To protect their offspring, wild boar usually attack
people who intrude into their space. When I surprised a family of
40 wild boar with babies and they were more curious than hostile
toward me. A poisonous scorpion crawled harmlessly over my foot
without showing any inclination to sting. During a lengthy close
encounter of the wily kind, a pack of coyotes sniffed me, checked
me out thoroughly, and then went nonchalantly on their way. And I
stomped my foot within an inch of a nesting rattlesnake --
without triggering a bite or even a rattle. Now I have the
confidence to walk -- and even sit -- peacefully within a couple
feet of resting rattlesnakes.

Ah, Mother Nature and my "crazy" medicine man -- their ingenious
game plan was bearing fruit. The clues I was picking up from my
uncharted journey were beginning to form a fresh picture about
how life really works. I could now see that situations that
appear dangerous are not always the case. What other surprises
did Mother Nature have in store for me?

The Magical Mystery Tour

Hidden in plain sight is a magical space about which native
tribes sing -- and "crazy" shamans teach. This place is real,
physical and tangible. The core nature of this space explains why
birds guide you back to your path and snakes bite some people and
not others. It's a world of vibrational energy and attraction. To
enter this new land, we need only to truly "see" what's right in
front of us.

Are you ready for an extraordinary journey of discovery and adventure?

Bugs 'n Bunny

Have you ever been buzzed by a luminescent dragonfly who's trying
to get you to notice her? Landing next to you, she waits for you
to talk or play with her. After several minutes of intimate
conversation, you're ready to go on your merry way, but the
persistent bug circles around you, stopping you in your tracks.
She perches on the nearest flower, wanting more interaction with
you. Why'd she do that?

Here comes Peter Cottontail hoppin' down the bunny trail. When he
spots you, are you so uptight and agitated that he disappears
faster than you can say, "Abracadabra?" Or, are you so relaxed
and accessible that old Pete hangs around to get a bit closer to
you?

What makes the difference between a creature wanting to hang with
you, or get away from you? You make the difference.

Pickin' Up Good Vibrations

The Beach Boys sang about it: "Good, good, good, good vibrations
... giving me excitations." Bugs and bunnies feel good around
people who give off good vibes. When you are in a state of
openness and trust, animals feel open and trusting around you.
When you give off fearful or threatening vibes, animals feel fear
and either move away or feel threatened and defensive. It's up to
you what vibration you put out.

Lady dragonfly enjoyed bathing in your playful energy and came
back for more intimate interaction. On his first visit, Mr.
Cottontail felt the harsh quality of your energy and disappeared.
Later, when you were feeling happy, Pete was ready to do the
Bunny Hop with you.

Attracting Love

Our emotional state affects not only our appeal to insects and
animals, but also to humans. Other people respond to our
vibration in exactly the same way as bugs and bunnies do. The
vibe that attracts wild critters is the same vibe that attracts
people and circumstances to nurture us -- like being loved or
supported. The vibe that attracts a viper to bite us is the same
vibe that attracts people and circumstances to "bite" us -- like
being rejected or betrayed.

Have you noticed that when you are in great spirits, your
conversations with friends are more fun and clear? People want to
talk to you in the supermarket line or gather around you at work
-- just like Peter Cottontail who wants to hang around and soak
up your vibes. Or, are you so upset and irritated that people
can't wait to get away from you -- and are looking for an excuse
to disappear into a rabbit hole?

Getting the Goodies

When we pay attention, Mother Nature always guides us towards
connection, harmony and support. She shows us how our emotional
states affect every aspect of our lives. Our vibes determine our
safety and success in life.

Mother Nature is still having her way with me -- and I keep
coming back for more. I'm grateful she sent the "crazy" medicine
man whose intriguing question led me to see the world with fresh
eyes and an open heart.

Copyright  2005 Keith Varnum

About Keith: Keith Varnum shares his practical approach to
transformation as an author, radio host and "Dream Workshops"
facilitator. Keith helps people get love, money, health and
spirit with his free Prosperity Ezine, free Empowerment CD and
free Coaching at www.TheDream.com.

---END---

List of articles by Keith Varnum: [EMAIL PROTECTED]