Title: Four Powerful Pathways Into the Light and Sound of Oneness
Author: Judith Pennington
Word count: 2.096; 65 characters per line
Contact e-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Categories: Career & Personal Development, Religion & Spirituality,
       Self-Help & How-To's, Society & Culture
Autoresponder: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Article URL:
Author URL: http://reprintarticles.com/Judith_Pennington.php

Terms for reprint:
1. You must publish the article AS IS. Do not modify, alter or edit it.
2. The author's resource box must accompany the article at all times.
3. The link/s must be active or clickable.
4. Notifying the author is not required, but doing so is appreciated.

This article is distributed as part of the ReprintArticles.com
Featured Author service at http://reprintarticles.com/featuredauthor.php

Four Powerful Pathways into the Light and Sound of Oneness
by Judith Pennington

The easiest, most exciting adventure in consciousness follows the
lamplit guidance of the still, small voice in each of us. In the
quiet of meditation, we listen to our souls and hear what is most
needed in our lives and how best to obtain it. This wise, kindly
voice never fails us and never falters.

There is no substitute for inner listening, as we grow into the
soul voice which becomes our own. But in our travels, some or all
of these four harmonic pathways open to enhance our joy and draw
us into the Oneness.

See which of these powerful pathways, at any given time,
resonates best with you: thought and word, self-knowledge, inner
peace, or chanting and toning. All will bring you closer into the
transporting power of beauty and music, the light and sound of
Universal Mind, or God.

1. The power of thought and word. When our ideal is peace,
healing or prosperity, and we say or do something out of
alignment with this, we sense, feel or know it. The discord
itself keeps us on track and guides us back into harmony with
ourselves, others and Spirit. The great psychic-healer Edgar
Cayce, who said that thoughts "are crimes or miracles," lovingly
advised everyone to create an ideal by which to live. This is
best done in meditation, so that the soul voice may show us what
is needed most. For you, is it peace, joy, self-discipline, will,
oneness or something else altogether?

If a single word floats up when you ask this question, create
with this word an affirmative phrase or sentence, then go back
into the silence to see if it is good and right for you. When it
is, post your ideal somewhere and, during meditation, use it as a
mantra to draw your busy mind back into the silence. This will
build your ideal into your life. When the words of your ideal no
longer have a "shine," or "go dead" for you, you have incorporated
this quality and itís time to return to meditation for a fresh

Every time you think or speak your ideal, you are physically
attuning your body-mind to it, so be sure itís a spiritual
intention that will uplift you! Ideals are blueprints with which
we build our lives, whether we know it or not! If you arenít
convinced that your thoughts, words and emotions influence the
physical world around you, you might find these stories very

Last November I attended an historic conference in Virginia Beach
that featured the physicists and U.S. military personnel at the
center of Americaís research on remote viewing, termed "anomalous
perception" or "anomalous perturbation" (psychic receiving or
influencing) by these methodical thinkers. One of the presenters
was the famous remote viewer and artist Ingo Swann, who reminded
us that thoughts, as vibrations, are heard and felt by all
sentient beings, including house plants!

At a party in New York City, Swann met Cleve Baxter, who later
authored the classic book, The Secret Life of Plants, and visited
Baxterís home to participate in experiments. Baxter had hooked up
lie detector electrodes to the leaves of ordinary house plants,
and every time Swann struck a match, the readout jumped sharply
in reaction. After awhile, the reactions stopped and Swann asked
why. "The plant knows youíre bluffing!" Baxter told him. And so
it did, as illustrated time and again in Baxterís landmark book.

In other experiments, Baxter and Swann took skin scrapings and
drops of blood from a man and put them in a vial hooked up to the
same electrodes. The readouts consistently jumped when the man
was poked with a pin, even when he was five blocks away! (See the
February issue of OneWorld for a series of eye-opening articles
and interviews from this amazing conference.)

That we are all one body, one mind is indisputable. Yet we so
easily forget and doubt how our thoughts and words affect
everyone--and everything--else, including our own bodies and

2. The power of self-knowledge. My still, small voice has said
for the past 16 years that releasing darkness enables us to
attract and hold more light, and recently, DNA experiments
carried out by a Russian scientist proved definitively that this
is true. Itís intuitively verifiable as well, and a phenomenon
that we can physically feel as it takes place.

Hereís how to bypass your ego, which I call a "hero in its own
mind," and awaken to what you need to know about yourself. Every
time you find yourself angry, frustrated or in conflict with
someone else, "Stand back and watch yourself go by," as Cayce so
vividly advised. "Know Thyself," emblazoned on the temples of
Greek mystery schools, is the key to conscious evolution. If we
do not undertake this journey, we are not really conscious at

I was taught this by my meditative writings, and as I traced my
discordant words and actions back to their source--fear of
inadequacy and a crippling lack of self-love--I was able to see
and correct the destructive patterns of behavior that drove me to
addictive decisions and ways of life. I could actually feel my
burdens growing lighter, as my pain, sorrow and yearning gave way
to increased amounts of light in my body-mind.

What fascinated me most was the correlation of this
"en-lightenment" to sound: with each stride forward, I could hear
my singing voice becoming ever more resonant and beautiful! I can
still hear the difference in my voice, in shifting from one state
of consciousness to another, and especially in singing with other
spiritual seekers, wherein everyoneís voice grows more harmonious,
resonant and beautiful. I concluded that the high frequencies of
love bring us into our blossoming literally and in response to
our deepest desires.

3. The power of inner peace. Silent meditation, by building up
the divine currents of energy within us, is the single most
effective way to heal and transform the body-mind. These
currents, containing the light and sound of God, tune up our
bodies through the chakra system, or "wheels of energy," as Cayce
called them. He said, and virtually all medical intuitives have
seen, that these seven energy centers connect the spiritual
dimensions with our endocrine glands, located at major nerve
centers. The chakras, powered-up like frequency transformers
with multi-level circuits, step our energy up or down.

You can feel this happen during meditation, and the longer you
meditate, the more sensitive you become to these subtle energies,
which carry us into the Oneness. I experience this oneness not
only as a sense of love for and connection with others, but also
as oneness with my highest mental clarity, creativity and
intuition. After 16 years of regular practice, I emerge from
every meditation, brief or lengthy, feeling more centered,
grounded and in attunement with my true self. Going within
kindles the divine spark in us so that we may know and speak the
truth of who we are--and, in this, reach out to others in love,
compassion and service.

A calm, peaceful sense of oneness is critical to our evolution;
otherwise, we volley back and forth from one state of
consciousness to another without ever really knowing what is real
and what is not. I experience this shifting consciousness when I
donít meditate every day. The slippage is all too apparent to me,
and unfortunately, to others around me as well.

When I do return to meditation, I am amazed at the consistently
gentle, loving voice of my heart, which does not complain when I
skip my contemplative time, but waits patiently for me to return.
Recently, while in deep meditation, I heard a quiet little voice
say, "I am too hurried." Upon engaging in a pen-and-paper
dialogue with my heart and mind, I learned that both want and
need the restful peace of meditation.

This makes sense, doesnít it? It is in the Oneness that both are
energized and made more vibrant and whole. In this blissful state,
these three notes organize themselves into a chord made of the
proper co-creative partnership: mind serving heart, heart serving
soul, and soul serving what I call the Divine Harmonic.

4. The power of chanting and toning. To comprehend the potential
of sound, we have only to read the Hebrew Bible, which tells us
how the powerful vibration of trumpets and the drumbeat of
marching feet toppled the walls of Jericho. In modern times, we
have seen this same harmonic phenomenon in a California bridge
undulating in resonance with the frequency of wind blowing all
around it. The bridge eventually shattered. Equally unpleasant to
many of us is the deep, rumbling bass of automobile speakers
passing by and thumping our beating hearts into palpitations.

Such "entrainment" sensations can be reversed by a meditative
thought, word or rhythmic sound, all of which will rapidly shift
any frequency pattern. People have always used chanting and
toning to evoke altered states of consciousness and heal with the
power of sound.

Iíve heard, but canít yet verify the source, that Egyptian
hieroglyphics show adepts using the vibrations of their voices to
heal their patientsí energy fields. It makes sense intuitively
that if we fully understood the capabilities of frequency and
vibration, we would be able to heal anything.

The racial memory of these abilities, lost through the ages, has
been restored to us by Cayce and others. Researchers reading of
Cayceís glimpses into the distant past believe that the mastery of
sound technology is how the Mayans, Aztecs and Egyptians moved
100-ton boulders hundreds of miles and up mountainsides to build
megalithic temples and pyramids.

David Elkingtonís meticulously researched book, In the Name of
the Gods, claims that Egyptís pyramids were not meant to be
burial chambers, but were frequency modulators for spiritual
ascension and for quickening the mummified dead. Like sacred
cairns and stone circles, pyramidal structures amplify the
resonance of chanting voices and may have been used to raise the
frequencies of the crystalline human body into harmony with the
crystalline healing frequencies of the Earth. We know today that
this frequency, 7.8 hertz, is a fundamental brain wave frequency
of meditation and spontaneous healing by hands-on practitioners.

Hindus, Buddhists and many Westerners harmonize the body-mind by
chanting the familiar "Om" or singing the word "Hu," the Sufi and
Eckankar seed sound for God. (Eckankar is the present-day
Religion of the Light and Sound of God.) The vowel sounds in
these words move energy through the abdominal, cardio-pulmonary
and cranial cavities of the body when we focus on feeling this
movement of loving, divine energy, rather than how we sound to
others. The key to chanting and toning is being present to it.

Hereís a powerful chant from ancient Egypt, resurrected in trance
by Edgar Cayce and explained in a little book, Music as the
Bridge, published by Cayceís Association of Research and
Enlightenment (edgarcayce.org) in Virginia Beach. Iíve asked
people, during my talks and workshops, to sing this chant and
always hear beautiful harmonic overtones that carry the singers
into deep meditative states. Cayce said this particular chant
awakens our ability to draw ourselves into the divine and the
divine into us. See if it works for you!

Surrounding yourself with a sacred circle of love, chant the
word ar-ar-r-r--e-e-e--o-o-o--mmm. Fill your pelvis and navel
with this rich, resonant "ar-ar-r-r" (as in ah-r) and with your
whole body sound the "eeeeee" (as in eat) in your solar plexus,
moving the breath upward and directing the "oooooo" (as in oh)
to the heart and throat, then the uuuuuu (as in blue) to the
base and center of the brain, and the "mmmmm" (as in room) to
the forehead and frontal lobe of your brain. You will feel this
last sound vibrating the very bones of your head.

If you sit with this chant for awhile, youíll feel the currents
of spiritual love coursing through your body-mind, and a river of
peace will carry you into the Oneness of perfect love. Share your
peace and healing by visualizing your loved ones and Earthís
people basking in joy.

Joy is the natural outcome of these pathways into the Oneness,
for here we feel the perfection in all things and know ourselves
to be one with the Divine. All pain, loss and sorrow fall away in
this journey toward the Light and Sound of God. In the beautiful
music of this illuminated Oneness, we soar on wings of freedom
and joy, at home in our place of true belonging, forever.

Copyright © 2005 Judith Pennington

About Judith: Judith Pennington is a writer and teacher of
consciousness development and the step-by-step path to
enlightened mastery. She is the author of a critically acclaimed
book, "The Voice of the Soul," and presents workshops across the
country. Visit her website, www.eaglelife.com, to check for an
event near you, sign up for her free e-newsletter and read
articles on how to attain peace, joy and prosperity.

List of articles by Judith Pennington: [EMAIL PROTECTED]