Title: A Stone for Mars, or 7 Ways to Curb Blame
Author: Judith Pennington
Word count: 887; 65 characters per line
Contact e-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Categories: Career & Personal Development, Education, Health,
       Relationships, Religion & Spirituality, Self-Help & How-To's
Autoresponder: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Article URL: http://reprintarticles.com/7_ways_to_curb_blame.php
Author URL: http://reprintarticles.com/Judith_Pennington.php

Terms for reprint:
1. You must publish the article AS IS. Do not modify, alter or edit it.
2. The author's resource box must accompany the article at all times.
3. The link/s must be active or clickable.
4. Notifying the author is not required, but doing so is appreciated.

This article is distributed as part of the ReprintArticles.com
Featured Author service at http://reprintarticles.com/featuredauthor.php

A Stone for Mars, or 7 Ways to Curb Blame
by Judith Pennington

If blame were not so dangerously pervasive, watching CNN would
be laughable. I tuned in briefly to "Larry King Live" during the
recent power blackouts in the Northeast and observed reporters
going in the usual directions they think people want them to go.
Despite a Canadian report of fire at a generating site, Larry
fast-forwarded from one governor to another to ask who should be
blamed and what should be done, along the way arousing the
spectre of terrorism.

We are so quick to cast stones, arenít we? (Iíd like to cast my
next stone at Mars, which Iím almost certain is the cause of the
computer snarls, house repairs, hassled and distraught loved
ones, countless work delays and crummy cooking that have plagued
me for the past three weeks. Only Mercury, in retrograde, has
this powerful an effect on my life, so I know the culprit must be
the angry red planet. Just give me a stone! I donít care how

Itís funny how, without realizing it, weíve come to feel that
itís our right and responsibility to blame and reprimand, rather
than love and help others to be better--that is, when we
ourselves can actually see a better way to be!

Here are seven ways to curb blame. Maybe if we slow our "loco
motion," world leaders will take the cue!

1. Relax. Just before lashing out with tongue or hand, breathe
and smile. This is like laughing at CNN. It takes the edge off.
The longer you do this, the less you care about what the perp did
or did not do. Itís like granny said, "Take 10 deep breaths."
After you heal your anger a few dozen times, the ego quits
casting blame and plays another movie. Soon youíll have seen
them all.

2. Surrender. Until the influence of Mars wears off, the
scattered energies created by its steady approach to the Earth
are best sustained by willing surrender and acceptance. This is
a way of facing life, not only now and in dealing with blame, but
always and in everything. No matter what daily life brings, no
matter how difficult the task or prolonged the effort, the lesson
is in the doing and the doing is the lesson. (If you repeat this
to someone else, try not to sound like a Confucian astrologer!)

3. Love. Go to a meditative space and allow love to heal your
pain. Only love, which contains the grace of forgiveness and
acceptance, can heal pain. It is best to do this with anything
that causes discord. One of my meditative writings puts it like

"The mind goes to what taunts and injures it, like a thorn, and
the bleeding begins. If the heart goes to what needs healing, the
heart of love does the healing and the mind is freed of the pain,
which exists no more. Let these heal the soul, that it may ascend
higher into the Light and be healed, whole and free."

4. Heal. Close your eyes and do a careful scan to see if your
body and mind are tired or stressed. If so, you can restore your
peace by going to a beautiful place outdoors or creating your own
guided meditation. To create your own, all you have to do is
focus on your breathing for awhile, thoroughly relax your body,
and use all of your senses to conjure up in your mindís eye a
place in nature that you especially love. See, feel, taste and
smell the colors, textures and sounds of this place. Spend time
luxuriating in its beauty. After only a few minutes, you will
have shifted your consciousness into a lighter, happier state. A
few minutes more and youíll feel like youíve taken a trip to
heaven. If you take time to "memorize" your happy, peaceful
feelings, recalling these feelings at a later time will take you
back to this peaceful state in a minute or less. Laughter
restores us, too! No blame, says the "I Ching."

5. Purify. If you detect a past event that is lodged deeply
inside and doesnít easily unblock, find a private place and try
this exquisite exercise. Make a list of your errors and/or the
wrongdoings of others and on a separate piece of paper, ask these
questions of each: How was that an act of love? How did that help
or serve me and others? Donít stop answering until you see the
silver lining in each cloud and how it contributed to your life
and helped you become the person you are today.

6. Celebrate! Listen to some beautiful music or, preferably,
dance with an uptempo band like Deep Forest. This will shift the,
er, weight of blame.

7. Love yourself. Do what gives you tremendous pleasure, so as to
fill your cup with love and happiness. If your cup is empty, itís
difficult if not impossible to love and be kind to others. Caring
for yourself will uplift your heart and enable you to serve the
rest of the world.

When we are surrounded by the energies of our happiness, health,
positive attitudes and healing laughter, neither Mars nor any
other planet--including this one!--can disturb our peace. From a
place of peace, we cast no stone and are invulnerable to stones
cast by others.

Copyright © 2005 Judith Pennington

About Judith: Judith Pennington is a writer and teacher of
consciousness development and the step-by-step path to
enlightened mastery. She is the author of a critically acclaimed
book, "The Voice of the Soul," and presents workshops across the
country. Visit her website, www.eaglelife.com, to check for an
event near you, sign up for her free e-newsletter and read
articles on how to attain peace, joy and prosperity.

List of articles by Judith Pennington: [EMAIL PROTECTED]