Title: The Amazing Powers Of Self Hypnosis
Author: Steve G. Jones
Word count: 618; 65 characters per line
Contact e-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Category: Self-Help
Autoresponder: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Article URL: http://reprintarticles.com/amazing_powers_of_self_hypnosis.php
Author URL: http://reprintarticles.com/Steve_Jones.php

Terms for reprint:
1. You must publish the article AS IS. Do not modify, alter or edit it.
2. The author's resource box must accompany the article at all times.
3. The link/s must be active or clickable.
4. Notifying the author is not required, but doing so is appreciated.

This article is distributed as part of the ReprintArticles.com
Featured Author service at http://reprintarticles.com/featuredauthor.php

The Amazing Powers Of Self Hypnosis
by Steve G. Jones

I want to share a success story about hypnosis for weight loss.
There are so many, but this one stands out in my mind and touches
my heart. I was working in the summer of 2004 with a young lady
named Jen. She was 19 at the time and was scheduled to undergo
gastric bypass surgery. This surgery is very drastic and involved
stapling the stomach so that the person can no longer eat large
meals. She also already had liposuction but regained all of her
weight. Her father had died and all her mother wanted was for
Jen to be happy.

As they both sat in my office in tears, Jen told me that this
was her last attempt to lose weight before killing herself. After
her mom left the room, we began the hypnosis session. While in a
trance, Jen remembered being abused by her father. It was
traumatic for her to recall this, but helpful at the same time.
Jen also revealed that she had "built up a protective layer" with
the excess weight. She explained while under hypnosis that the
weight repelled men and kept her "safe."

After Jen was out of hypnosis, I invited her mom back into the
office. The three of us discussed this unfortunate event. Her
mom said that she had suspected that it happened, but never had
proof until now. Jen returned the next week and we began working
on re-building her self-esteem using hypnosis. This is very easy
to do with hypnosis since the messages go directly to the
subconscious mind. If you want to do this yourself, just make a
tape with positive suggestions that you play in bed each night as
you go to sleep.

In the four weeks that followed, I was able to reframe the way
she felt about eating right, exercising, and taking care of
herself in general. After only six sessions, I told Jen that I
had done all the work we needed to do.

Last week, Jen sent me an e-mail with a picture. You see, I had
programmed her to continue to eat right, exercise, and take care
of herself. Well, the picture she sent looked like a model! Jen
had gone from 325 lbs. to 115 lbs! The e-mail was even more
inspirational. Here?s what she wrote:

Dear Steve,

It has been a year since our last session. The pounds have been
consistently dropping. I eat differently and don?t even try to.
I exercise three times a week and love it. Most importantly, my
view of life is completely different now. I went from being
overweight and suicidal to being thin, sexy, beautiful and
totally confident. My mom is happier than ever and so is my
husband. That?s right! I am married. He?s 6?4", an architect, and
wants kids. I feel like I?m living the life of my dreams.
Hypnosis is amazing. You taught me that I could do ANYTHING that
I BELIEVE I can do. You are right. Feel free to share this letter
with others. I want the world to know about the power of hypnosis
and the power of the human mind!

With much love and respect,

In my line of work I get to see this happen often. Jen is one of
the many people who decided to make a powerful change in her
life. Hypnosis helped, but the change was really due to her
commitment to herself. I hope that the sharing of Jen?s journey
will inspire you to create whatever powerful change you desire in
your life. There are no obstacles, except the ones YOU create in
your mind. Remove those obstacles, and you will easily live the
life of YOUR dreams.

Copyright © 2005 Steve G. Jones, Clinical Hypnotherapist

About Steve: Steve G. Jones is a board certified Clinical
Hypnotherapist. He is a member of the National Guild of
Hypnotists, American Board of Hypnotherapy, president of the
American Alliance of Hypnotists, on the board of directors of
the Los Angeles chapter of the American Lung Association, and
director of the California state registered Steve G. Jones School
of Hypnotherapy. Learn more about his products by visiting:

List of articles by Steve G. Jones: [EMAIL PROTECTED]