Title: Do You Have An Acid Reflux Problem?
Author: Rudy Silva
Word count: 484; 65 characters per line
Contact e-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Categories: Health & Fitness, Lifestyle, Self-Help & How-To's
Autoresponder: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Article URL: http://reprintarticles.com/acid_reflux_problem.php
Author URL: http://reprintarticles.com/Rudy_Silva.php

Terms for reprint:
1. You must publish the article AS IS. Do not modify, alter or edit it.
2. The author's resource box must accompany the article at all times.
3. The link/s must be active or clickable.
4. Notifying the author is not required, but doing so is appreciated.

This article is distributed as part of the ReprintArticles.com
Featured Author service at http://reprintarticles.com/featuredauthor.php

Do You Have An Acid Reflux Problem?
by Rudy Silva

Most people have digestive problems that create a variety of
illness that we see as they age. The main problem is with the
food that they eat. As has already been said many times, we eat
more junk, processed, and packaged food than our stomach can
digest. We eat more meat and protein then we should. We drink
more unusual drinks that are mainly sugar.

We need to eat more live vegetables and fruits. This will
minimize any acid reflux problems you might have.

Your body is designed to be electrically balanced. This is done
by eating both acid and alkaline foods. If you eat too much acid
food or alkaline food you move towards illness. Acid reflux is
one of these illnesses.

When too much acid food is eaten, the stomach can’t digest it.
completely. The excess undigested food turns into acid waste.
This waste causes stomach spasms or twitching that causes an
increase in stomach gas that pops open the valve between the
esophagus and stomach.

Acidic stomach content is sucked into the esophagus causing a
burning sensation in the chest and throat. This is acid reflux
or heartburn.

Acid Reflux Remedies

Here are three acid reflux remedies that you can start using
right away to decrease the effects of acid reflux

- Digestive enzymes - Just before you eat, take some digestive
enzymes. There are a variety of types that you can buy in a
health food store -- cost is about $15.00. Digestive enzymes will
help you digest your food in the stomach and lessen the work the
stomach has to do. But don’t take enzymes if you have an ulcer.

- Drinking water - When eating your meal, don’t drink any cold
liquid. Cold liquid in the stomach decreases the digestive
activity and your food will take longer to digest. It is best
not to drink any water with your meal since this decrease the
strength of your hydrochloric acid. If you have to drink water to
clear your throat use water at room temperature.

- Vegetables - Eat vegetables with lunch and dinner and decrease
the amount of meat and protein you eat. Don’t over eat since this
puts an extra load on your stomach and you may not be able to
digest all this food. Try eating your vegetables raw when
possible since this gives you extra enzymes and plenty of
minerals. Any time you eat bread eat it with some vegetables.
Bread is hard to digest and the added fiber helps its digestion
and helps to move it through the colon faster.

Just doing these three suggestions will help you improve your
digestion and help to relieve your acid reflux. Concentrate on
changing your eating habits and the types and quantities of food
that you eat, if you want to stop the effects of acid reflux.

Copyright © 2005 Rudy Silva

About Rudy: Rudy Silva has a degree in Physics and is a Natural
Nutritionist. He is the author of Constipation, Acne, Hemorrhoid,
and Fatty Acid ebooks. He writes a newsletter called
"Natural-Remedies-ThatWork.com." For more remedies and information
on acid reflux, go to http://www.acidreflux-relief.info

List of articles by Rudy Silva: [EMAIL PROTECTED]