Writing Articles Sells Books
Judy Cullins ©2005 All Rights Reserved.
Are you a reluctant marketer for your book? Do you avoid the social and
selling aspects of self-publishing and promotion?
Discover the easy and free way to promote your book. It's still the number
one top way--writing and submitting articles to other ezines and Web sites.
Getting Started Tips to Create your Selling Articles
1. Use your non-fiction book's chapter how to's or your fiction’s juicy
2. Keep your articles around 200-800 words each.
3. Keep your article focused on just one thesis or point.
4. Create a hook for your two or three-sentence introduction. Notice this one
asked you a few questions to engage you.
5. Forget the old school of writing for print magazines and getting paid.
Follow the Internet way-- give your article away like Mrs. Field cookie
so people will want to visit the site where you sell your book.
6. Keep yourself out of it. Your audience wants to know what you can do for
them. Replace those "I" constructions with "you."
"If you are like me...."
7. Number the main points for clarity. People love easy to read tips.
8. Collect ten well-edited articles before you blast off. Online readers will
look at your more seriously when they see you offer more than one quick
thing. They will see you as the savvy expert and click to where you sell your
9. Leverage one article into five. Change your audience. Change your number
of how to's. Three Tips to... or Five Tips... or The Two Best Ways to....
10. Remember free information is the reason people go to Web sites, so put
your articles there as well as in a blog.
Once you get dozens of short articles or excerpts out to no spam ezines or
top web sites n your field, you will notice the search engines optimizing your
site because they see your important key words that link you, your book, or
your service together. Your submitted articles lead to the magic of "viral
marketing." The thing is that this is attraction, natural marketing at its
Judy Cullins: 20-year author, speaker, book coach
Helps you manifest your book and web dreams
eBk: "Powerwriting for Web Sites That Sell"
FRE.E "The Book Coach Says..." or Business Tip of the Month
www.bookcoaching.com -- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Orders: 866/200-9743 -- Ph: 619/466-0622
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE USING ARTICLES POSTED ON THE GROUP:
1. Print the article in its entirety. Don't make any changes in the article .
2. Print the resource box with all articles in their entirety.
3. Send the Author a copy of the reprinted article or the URL
where the articles was posted.
Anything short of following these three rules is a violation
of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: