Title: Overcome Writer’s Block with Snake Dancing
Author: Judy Cullins
Copyright 2004.  All Rights Reserved.

Article URL: www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles/article-83.shtml
Article Autoresponder: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author Contact Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Category: Writing / Publishing / eBook

book may not be significant enough, you don't know how to format it, or since
you aren't famous, your book won't sell. Know that your book is unique and
offers useful solutions to help your audience solve their challenge or problem.
You don't have to write like others, and yes, you can write a saleable book.

self-published book, book publishing, bookcoach, titles sell books, how to
write a
book, publicize and promote your book, market your book online, ebook
promotion, book selling, book profits, free promotion, writers block

Words: 840

Thanks,
Judy Cullins, M.A.

P.S. To receive this special report from Judy Cullins, author of 10 eBooks go
to:
www.bookcoaching.com/reports/PublishingYourBook--WhichWayIsBestForYou.shtml
==============

Overcome Writer’s Block with Snake Dancing
Judy Cullins ©2005 All Rights Reserved.

Writer’s block! Even columnist Dave Berry has it. He admits that at least 30
times a day when writing his humor column, he gets up from his computer to sip
his Pepsi to divert his attention when he can't think of what to write.
Recently, he reached for the cola and instead found a coiled snake. He tried
barbecue tongs to carry it away, but when it landed in his pool, he kept the
dance
going trying to catch the thing.

As a writer you may think you are blocked because you think your book may not
be significant enough, you don't know how to format it, or since you aren't
famous, your book won't sell. Or, like Dave you can't think of something great
to say.

Let the book coach encourage you beyond your doubts. Know that your book is
unique and offers useful solutions to help your audience solve their challenge
or problem. You don't have to write like others, and yes, you can write a
saleable book.

What is Writer's Block?

To me it's just that I'm distracted and don't seem organized enough with
what's important to write for my particular audience. It's a signal that my
brain
won't focus temporarily. Like Dave Berry, I need a break.

To some of you, it's like stepping off a cliff and plunging into the abyss.
You don't have all the answers to start, so it becomes overwhelming to even put
words to paper..

Why do we have Writer's Block?

1. We have too many ideas/ choices. We need to focus on one thing at a time.
Write down 3-4 topics you are passionate about. Take some deep breaths, and
let the #1 come forth. Write on one book primarily, and just put new ideas into
the others' folder. Stay with your #1 book until you finish it. When we don't
finish a project, we feel guilty--and hence more stuck!

2. Fear. Really, "False Evidence Appearing Real." Our performance anxiety
keeps us from taking that next step. However, we can get direction and skills
from a how-to book on writing or a qualified book coach if we are willing.

3.  We don't have enough information to move forward to write a clear,
compelling book. Perhaps we aren't sure of how to publish our book. Or, we
don't
know how to put a chapter together. Book writing information is easily
available
from the Internet. Do a search on "book coaching" and find helpful resources.

4. It seems an enormous task in time and money. What most emerging authors
don't realize is that they don't have to write the "end all, be all" book. Just
choose one focus such as solving one problem or writing for only one preferred
audience per book. Targeted audiences are much easier to sell to.

How to Get Unstuck

1. Warm up! Writers need to relax, get into alpha state each time before they
write. So take deep belly breaths for 1-2 minutes first. Another way to set
up your book writing success is to listen to relaxing music before you set out
to write. You may even warm up by handwriting something before you commit it
to your computer.

2. Got the blank page blues? Write a little the day before—then you have a
partial page to hook new related, information onto. I wrote this article in two
sittings because I didn't like my old introduction.

3. Switch tasks, but honor a time set aside for writing each day.  If you are
stuck in #1 book, add research stories, or how to's to the #2 book. If stuck
on one chapter, start or work on another one.

4. Organize your book, both on your computer and in paper files. For your
book, name it and save as the main folder. Add new files to this folder such as
- The introduction
- Chapter One and the rest
- Table of Contents with Chapter Titles
- The back cover, sales letter, or 30-60 Second Tell and Sell (sales
message).

5. Start a promotion folder too. Name one folder "traditional" and another
one "online." Start adding files of promotion information as it comes to you.

Then, when your book is almost finished, you'll have your promotion
foundation ready to hit the ground running for fast, continuous sales that keep
your
cash flow going.

6. Love your topic. When you have passion for your book, you won't have many
blocks. You'll be excited to sit down and spend special time each week on it.
You may want to work daily like I do. When you do one "high level" activity a
day on your book, you will finish before you know it and you will feel
exhilarated and satisfied at your results.

Remember a page a day yields 365 pages a year. Think about a shorter book of
only 25-50 pages you can deliver as an eBook or print book. You can finish one
in less than a month!

===============
Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach works with small
business people who want to make a difference in people's lives, build their
credibility and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Judy is author
of
10 eBooks including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast, Ten Non-Techie
Ways to Market Your Book Online, The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Your
Targeted Web Traffic, and Power Writing for Web Sites That Sell.  She offers
free
help through her 2 monthly ezines, "The BookCoach Says...," "Business Tip of
the
Month," blog Q & A at www.bookcoaching.com and over 185 free articles.

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hm01qmd/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1705195072:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1122666503/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>