Title: Top 10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Write Another Book
Author: Judy Cullins
Copyright 2005.  All Rights Reserved.

Bio: Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach works with small
business people who want to make a difference in people's lives, build their
credibility and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Author of 10
eBooks including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast, Ten Non-Techie
Ways to Market Your Book Online, The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Targeted Web
Traffic, and Power Writing for Web Sites That Sell, she offers free help
through her 2 monthly ezines, "The BookCoach Says...," "Business Tip of the
Month,"
and blog Q & A at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 195 free
articles. Email her at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Article URL: www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles/article-198.shtml
Article Autoresponder: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author Contact Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Category: Ebook, Writing/ Publishing

Because you need to learn the best, proven offline and online promotion
techniques, and apply them to one book at a time. If your first book doesn't
get
promotion attention, it will not sell well either. Ask yourself these
questions.

self-published book, book publishing, bookcoach, epublishing, titles sell
books, how
to write a book, publicize and promote your book, market your book online,
ebook promotion, book selling, book profits, free promotion, information
products, writing ebook, epublishing

Words: 926

Thanks,
Judy Cullins, M.A.

P.S. To receive a complete list of over 195 free articles with autoresponder
addresses go to www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles.shtml.

====
Top 10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Write Another Book
Judy Cullins ©2005 All Rights Reserved

Many new authors start writing their second and third book when the ink is
barely dry with their first one. As a bookcoach for 20 years, please understand
that this is insane. Wait a year or two to create new print, ebooks, CD's or
cassettes.

Why? Because you need to learn the best, proven offline and online promotion
techniques, and apply them to one book at a time. Just because your first book
isn't selling well doesn't mean you should write another one--that if it
doesn't get promotion attention, will not sell well either.

Before you write another book, ask yourself these questions?

1. Why would I do that?  Think of the time spent writing and editing. These
activities make you no money. You will only make money when you market/promote
your book. To me that means that just because I spend a lot of months getting
book done and feel worn out and whipped, I shouldn't stop there. I need to
promote it to get known before I write another book.

Your bookcoach says a good ratio is write 50% of the time and market 50% of
the time. If you spend 5-15 hours a week writing your book, then you need to
spend at least that much to promote it.

Your cost of book promotion comes back to your 10-fold.
If your audience doesn't know about your book, they can't buy it, can they?

2. Will the next book or related product make me more money, make me more
well-known?

Probably not. The very best # one product is either a print or eBook. Yes,
you can self-publish it with a little help from professionals. It's worth the
money to make your book more saleable and done right the first time because a
book that isn't written with sales in mind, and doesn't sell well is a big $
and
time loss for the authors.

3. Why do I feel I need to write another book now?

4. Will this new book sustain my business message for my target market?

To promote to your first book's audience first is a direct hit that takes
less time and money. Once you know your audience and where they can be
contacted
(the internet, of course) then you can do an 8 month promotion plan that gets
your first book noticed and selling. That's just a little time really when you
think of the writing time you spent.

5. Will this new book directly connect to the last one so that my book is
treated as a business to position my company well?

Maybe your niche is romance fiction. Then make sure you next book fits that
category. For myself, my niche is bookcoaching, so every book and teleclass I
give are connected to business people who want to brand their business with a
book. That includes how to write a saleable book the first time. That includes
how to promote online and off. It involves how to write a selling web site
before a client calls a web master.

6. Will I write and publish s new book, will my audience still want my first
book?

Think about your business. You already have a viable title. Then get it out
to your targeted audience before you write its sequel or update. One thing I
know for sure, only the top 3 titles of my ten books sell well.

7. Will I have the time to put 3-9 hours a week into promoting the first book
and the second book?  From my experience, I can only promote one book at a
time. Ask yourself are you just replacing and older book with a new one?

You want to give your first book a two-three year run with active online
promotion as well as traditional. Traditional marketing is so much slower and
reaps fewer profits than the Online way. Need a little coaching? Check our your
coach's web site for free articles or call your local high school to get some
Online basics first.

8. Do I want to spend a lot more money and time on a project that may not be
right at this time?  It's a shame that authors get tired of their book before
their public has a chance to know it. Your top to do is always to focus on
what brings you business or book sales. Your book project is more than just
writing, be sure to follow through well on your first book, then see if you
should
produce another one.

9. Does my target audience really want this second book title I'm thinking
about now?

Do a market survey first to your present audience and other email lists. Ask
them would they buy a new book with these benefits and features?  Knowing each
book's benefits and features (why should your audience buy) and sharing them
in your back cover, web sales letter or emails is all important to give your
prospective readers a reason to buy.

10. Will I have enough focus to first sell book number one before I add
another? Am I willing to do 2-3 High Level Activities each day to get my book
into
the hands of its readers?
Do I have a ready to go sound bite or tell and sell on my book to help people
buy?

Make sure that when you write another book, you have time to market it and it
serves your business purpose.

Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach works with small
business people who want to make a difference in people's lives, build their
credibility and clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Judy is author
of
10 eBooks including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast, Ten Non-Techie
Ways to Market Your Book Online, The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Your
Targeted Web Traffic, and Power Writing for Web Sites That Sell.  She offers
free
help through her 2 monthly ezines, "The BookCoach Says...," "Business Tip of
the
Month," and blog Q & A at http://www.bookcoaching.com and over 185 free
articles. Email her at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/AZzolB/TM

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links