publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and
links are made active if possible.  Please do not make changes without
permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this article is included in
would be
appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Two Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dishes
By Monica Resinger

My husband, two kids and I go to my parents' house every Thanksgiving for a
wonderful home cooked dinner by my mom. One of my favorite dishes my mom used
to make is Sweet Potato Casserole. The reason I say `used to' is because each
year I ask my mom what dish I can bring and she now has me bring this and
another dish, a salad.

My mom is a teacher's assistant at an elementary school and the Sweet Potato
Casserole was one of the dishes brought to a potluck by another staff member.
My mom loved it so much she got the recipe and we've been having it every
Thanksgiving since. It's more like a dessert than a side dish.

The Cranberry Fruit salad recipe I'm including was also found at a staff
potluck at the school where my mom works. It's sweet-tart, delicious and very
which is a big plus at Thanksgiving time! I hope you'll try them on your
tables this year.

Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 8

Two 16 Oz Cans Sweet Potatoes
1/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Salt
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tsp. Vanilla

1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Butter
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Flour

Heat yams & drain. Mash with other ingredients and mix well. Pour into
ungreased 9" square glass baking pan. Mix all topping ingredients till crumbly.
Spread on yams then bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

NOTES: May be made the day before and refrigerated before baking.
Happy cooking - Mom

Cranberry Fruit Salad

one 12-oz pkg. fresh cranberries
one 20-oz can pineapple chunks, drained
1 Cup sugar
1 pkg. mini marshmallows
one 12 oz. container whipped topping

Put cranberries into food processor and process until finely chopped; ad
sugar and drained pineapple and process until blended.  Put cranberry mixture
a large bowl and fold in whipped topping and marshmallows.

Get Monica's FREE e-zine for homemakers 3 times per week that includes home &
garden articles, delicious recipes and poses fun questions to readers about
organizing, crafting, gardening, frugal living and other homemaking subjects;
readers can respond to the questions and receive the resulting, very
informative 'tip sheet'.  To subscribe, just send a blank e-mail to:
Check out the 56 home, garden and recipe e-books full of reader tips that
have been published here: