Free-Reprint Article Written by: Terry Sparing

Why We Hear So Much About Multiple Streams of Income

Article Description:
Let's face facts; nothing in this world is set in stone, except
for death and taxes. Businesses come and go. It is a fact that
80% of businesses will fail within 5 years of their start date.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Jan 27 00:06:04 EST 2006

Written By:     Terry Sparing

Why We Hear So Much About Multiple Streams of Income
Copyright © 2006 Terry Sparing
Exercise Your Free Will

Let's face facts; nothing in this world is set in stone, except
for death and taxes.

Businesses come and go. It is a fact that 80% of businesses will
fail within 5 years of their start date. While it might appear
that MLM and Affiliate Programs can help the small business over
the hump by accelerating their growth and sales, the utilization
of MLM and Affiliate Program structures cannot save financially
unsound small businesses.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not saying that MLM or Affiliate
Structures are a bad thing, because they are not. There are
multitudes of good companies that successfully utilize MLM and
Affiliate Programs to grow their businesses and to help their
sales people to earn a nice income. But the fact remains; a poor
business plan will doom a company, no matter how many salespeople
are working to promote its products and services.

If a new business is started utilizing a business plan that does
not allow for adequate profits, then the implementation of a MLM
or Affiliate Structure will surely hasten the demise of this new

A company that will lose money by itself will hemorrhage money if
it has hundreds or thousands of people selling its products or

You should never invest all of your time, money and energy
promoting the products or services of a single company. Even if
you own the company, it is always best not to put all of your
eggs into one basket.

When the sun goes down at the end of each day, one thing is
certain. Businesses will fail. No matter what actions you take,
you cannot change this outcome for businesses that you do not

Avoid this worst-case scenario, by learning more about Multiple
Streams of Income at:

It is always good reasoning to investigate any company with which
you want to become involved. Take the time to learn about the
company and their business plan. Make sure that you will want to
invest your time and resources to develop sales of their products
and services.

Some Business Owners Are Sharp Enough To Adapt and Change

Not every business is created equal. Some businesses are owned by
individuals who are sharp enough to read the writing on the wall,
to change and adapt their business as conditions merit them doing

Just like Ford and Chevrolet, when business owners see themselves
drowning in a sea of red ink, they will implement changes to stem
the tide of red ink.

Rather than to allow their businesses to go bankrupt, some
business owners will make whatever changes are necessary to save
their business.

They must decide whether they want to raise their prices or cut
their expenses. Many business owners fear that raising their
prices will be the very worst thing they can do for themselves.

So, many will opt to cut their expenses.

Many businesses will simply cut the commission rates earned by
their salespeople. Some financially troubled companies that
employ MLM and Affiliate sales teams will often just eliminate
those divisions and convert their company to a direct sales

Everyday, companies find themselves facing new business
realities. They take measures to adapt their business model.
Whatever the business, whatever the situation they are facing,
the company's management will always take care of their own needs

As part of a company's sales force, you are just a cog in the
wheel. When a company manager takes the decision to cut expenses,
he or she generally has little care or concern about YOUR needs
or the commitment you have given to their company. You are an
expense, and when they are in the mindset of cutting expenses,
you will be cut.

Companies are only concerned about their bottom line, and you
should be concerned about your family's bottom line. Before you
find your income on the cutting block, please investigate how you
can take advantage of Multiple Streams of Income at:

If you take the time to properly investigate a company, you can
avoid falling into these traps. If a company is in trouble, you
are only inviting trouble to invest all of your resources into
their success.

Multiple Streams of Income Is Just Common Sense

When other people are in control of your earnings, then your
financial survival is always at the whim these other people.

I will bet that many people who have lost their jobs at Ford and
Chevrolet had convinced themselves that their future was set in
stone. They had a good job and sweet pay rate, working for a
great American company. They were exceptional employees who bent
over backwards to ensure that their bosses would remain satisfied
with their work. What could go wrong?

Now, they have learned that the corporate office decided to
trim off some red ink by closing their plant. They are now out
knocking on doors looking for work, alongside their bosses.

If the plant was their only source of income, you can bet that
these individuals are now sweating whether they will be able to
pay their mortgage or not.

If people cannot trust in their positions at Ford and Chevrolet,
how can you put all of your hopes and dreams into the single MLM
or Affiliate Program you are promoting today?

The obvious answer is that you cannot and that you should not.

As a basic idea, you should select several programs that you
are willing to invest your time and resources. For the sake of
example, pick five programs that you believe in. And then, spend
one day each week promoting each program you have selected.

By developing five streams of income, if one stream were to dry
up, you would in theory only lose 20% of your revenue base. That
is a lot easier to handle than facing the loss of 100% of your

If you would like someone to assist you in your drive to develop
Multiple Streams of Income, I would be happy to help you. To
learn more, please visit:

One Final Note and Reminder About Taking Care of Number One First

When I first began to develop my own multiple streams of income,
I always directly promoted my affiliate links for the programs
that I was involved.

Thinking on the reasons why I wanted multiple streams of income
to start with, I realized that I was doing myself a great
disservice by promoting an Affiliate URL. I would be kicking
myself night and day if I spent a lot of time and resources to
promote an Affiliate URL, only to find myself looking at another
defunct MLM company or Affiliate Program three years from now.

At, I registered my own domain name for
only $10 per year. I then found a company that offers Web Hosting
services for less than $10 per month. As a result, for less
than $130 a year, I can protect my own place in the existing
marketplace, by promoting My Domain instead of an Affiliate URL.

If, for some reason, any of the programs I promote cease to
exist, then I can simply change the information as it is
presented on my own website. And, any advertising I create today
for the purpose of promoting these programs can continue to
deliver prospects to my revenue sources for years to come.

If you don't take care of YOU, who will?

My name is Terry Sparing. I specialize in helping others develop
Multiple Steams of Income, for the purpose of protecting their
financial future. If you would like a coach and a mentor to help
you to realize your own financial dreams, then please visit my
website for more information.
"Success Can Be Found In The Company You Keep."

  or her work. Terry Sparing can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Terry Sparing