Free-Reprint Article Written by: Jacob Minett

Home Schooling over the Internet

Article Description:
The interesting thing about home schooled children is overall,
these children score in the upper 80th percentile, which is
far higher than children taught in school are scoring.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Feb  3 00:55:56 EST 2006

Written By:     Jacob Minett

Home Schooling over the Internet
Copyright © 2006 Jacob Minett
My Wild Blue Broadband Satellite Service

In the United States, home schooling is growing. Today, we see
this rate moving rapidly, with between 1.3 and 1.7 million
children in grades kindergarten to 12 being educated at home by a
parent. More and more families are discouraged by the curriculum
being presented to the children, finding home schooling a better
option.  However, home schooling is also used for children that
are bullied at school, those that need special attention, or for
families that live in remote areas, making traditional school
attendance too much of a challenge.

Families that choose to home school their children do not have
to rely on public, tax-funded resources, which actually saves
taxpayers millions of dollars.  However, families that choose to
home school, children are reliant on having connection to the
internet.  This means being able to download studies and tests,
and then sending the child’s results into the system for grading.
Obviously, having a reliable connection is important.  In fact,
some home school programs offer the child the option of
participating in some classroom time, via the computer.

With broadband service, your child could enjoy all the benefits
of being home schooled while still participating in a few class
studies if needed.  This means you could log on, actually having
a real time interaction with other home schooled or public
schooled students.  With this, your child has the opportunity
of developing friends in a classroom setting while still being
taught by you.

You can work wirelessly if you like, making the home schooling
far more enjoyable.  With this, your child can move from room to
room, or even sit outside on a sunny day to do homework.  As you
can imagine, the possibilities are endless.

You can find other home schooled students in your area, allowing
friendships to bud.  You can also have your child join a group
such as a youth development organization.  If one does not exist
in your area, then create your own.  In fact, you could develop a
website dedicated to home schooled children just like yours, a
place where students can study together, play online games, or
simply chat.

The interesting thing about home schooled children is overall,
these children score in the upper 80th percentile, which is far
higher than children taught in school are scoring.  The reason is
the one-on-one attention the children receive.  In addition, home
schooled children enjoy a quiet setting without disruptions and
distractions. Knowing you can offer your child everything needed
to be a successful home schooled child.

Written by Jacob Minett -
A problem, especially for families living in remote areas,
is that internet services capable of handling the online
work is not an option. <a href="";>WildBlue
Satellite</a> offers the

  or her work. Jacob Minett can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Jacob Minett