Free-Reprint Article Written by: Mary Foley

We All Gotta Little Bodaciousness

Article Description:
"Bodacious, is that even a word?" I've been asked. Sure is, and
it means being bold, outstanding, audacious. I love it because it
captures a positive spirit of freedom, choice and being all you
can be.

Distribution Date and Time: Wed Feb  8 23:40:10 EST 2006

Written By:     Mary Foley

We All Gotta Little Bodaciousness
Copyright © 2006 Mary Foley
Bodacious Ventures, LLC.

"Bodacious, is that even a word?" I've been asked. Sure is, and
it means being bold, outstanding, audacious. I love it because it
captures a positive spirit of freedom, choice and being all you
can be. My personal journey to bodaciousness has convinced me of
at least two things about becoming a Bodacious Woman. The first
is that bodaciousness starts on the inside. The second is that
everyone already has some bodaciousness inside them.

Being bodacious - I mean really feeling, thinking, and being
bodacious - is an inside out process. All the how-to advice in
the world about how to get what you want in the workplace and
your life doesn't seem to have an affect if we don't take it in
and let it soak through our heart and our mind. Behaviors that
stick, behaviors that make a difference in lives do so because
we've taken the time to honestly think about them and reflect. We
consider what we really think and feel, why that's so and what's
blocking us from making a change. In our heart of hearts we know
that if we aren't internally signed-up for exhibiting a behavior
we won't end up doing it. But those we do sign-up for, watch out!
It's from the inside that we gain the strength to make a change.

I've been asked, "Can anyone be bodacious or it is personality
related?" Your personality will always give your bodaciousness
personal flavor, but certainly anyone can be bodacious. In fact,
I'm convinced that inside we've all got a little bodaciousness.
All we have to do is identify it and help it grow, which will
require taking new risks. For some it may mean making a big
change that we've been debating for a while. For most of us,
though, it's likely going to appear seemingly less dramatic.
Ordering something totally different at a restaurant. Starting a
conversation with your boss' boss in the lunch room. Expressing
a different viewpoint in the department meeting. Though these
actions may not seem life-changing, they are because the impact
on how we see ourselves and behave is huge.

Bodaciousness starts on the inside and inside all of us there's
at least some to get started. We only need the courage to look
within. When we begin to muster that courage and look honestly at
who we are and who we want to be, we often find it's not as scary
as we first thought. "All life is an experiment" said Ralph Waldo
Emerson. May the experiment be a doozy!

About Mary Foley

During a successful, demanding, rising through the ranks
10 year career with America Online Mary learned that the only
way to thrive in today's world is to be bold, positive, and
courageous - bodacious!  Today Mary inspires women everywhere
to be bodacious in their lives, careers and businesses.  You
can be inspired, too!  Get a free copy of Mary's e-book
"Becoming a Bodacious Woman:  The Essentials Every Woman
Must Know" at!

  or her work. Mary Foley can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Mary Foley