Free-Reprint Article Written by: Mary Foley

The Mark Of A Bodacious Valentine

Article Description:
No matter what our culture throws in front of us to tell us
what's attractive and sexy, I just won't believe it.  My
experience tells me an appealing woman, a Bodacious Woman is
someone who loves herself and her life.  That's the mark of a
Bodacious Valentine!

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Feb 10 02:02:17 EST 2006

Written By:     Mary Foley

The Mark Of A Bodacious Valentine
Copyright © 2006 Mary Foley
Bodacious Ventures, LLC.

No matter what our culture throws in front of us to tell us
what's attractive and sexy, I just won't believe it.  My
experience tells me an appealing woman, a Bodacious Woman is
someone who loves herself and her life.  That's the mark of a
Bodacious Valentine!

Think about it.  Do you enjoy being around someone who is always
complaining, always has a problem, and no matter what you do,
still isn't happy?  Or, do you enjoy being around someone who is
excited about life, actively works through difficulties, and
appreciates anything you do?  I don't have a PhD, but I'll take
door number two, thank you very much.

Fortunately, lovin' yourself and lovin' your life are like book
ends to my Bodacious Woman Mantra.  Funny how this Mantra comes
in handy time and again, doesn't it?

The first phrase of the Bodacious Woman Mantra is to "Look

You've got to look inside yourself in order to start lovin'
yourself. Start with the simple question, what do you I like
about myself?  Grab a piece of paper and write down everything
that comes to mind.  I dare ya!  Then put that piece of paper
where you can look at it often - on your mirror, in your day
planner or wallet, as a book mark, you name it.  Feel the love.
Oh, yeah...your Bodacious Valentine is coming out now!

It's from this place of self-love that we are best equipped to
love others and our lives.  The last phrase of the Bodacious
Mantra speaks about this - "Love Every Minute of It!"  Let's face
it, no one's life is working on all thrusters all the time.  As
the saying goes, "it's always something!"

What makes a Bodacious Woman bodacious is how she responds to all
the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Loving every minute of it means
seeing life as an adventure.  When things get ugly, the Bodacious
Woman proactively deals with it, but doesn't let it zap her
spirit for living.  She is ever so mindful that she's got but
only so many trips around the sun so she's going to enjoy them
to the fullest.

A wonderful example of such a woman is my friend Ruth who is a
nurse.  Being a nurse she's constantly interacting with people
who are sick and usually cranky.  She could easily come home
everyday feeling drained, but she doesn't.  Instead, she gets
into her Easter egg blue VW Beetle and lives like her prophetic
bumper sticker "It's ok to have too much fun!"  Rock on, Ruth!

So, this Valentine's Day, focus on lovin' yourself and lovin'
your life.  Look within and love every minute of your life.
If you have a partner, don't be surprised if he finds himself
attracted to you all over again.  If you're single, don't be
surprised if someone suddenly shows interest.  And, if you don't
care if you're with anyone at all, don't be surprised if you feel
more love flowing in and around you.  Happy Bodacious Valentine's

During a successful, demanding, rising through the ranks
10 year career with America Online Mary learned that the only
way to thrive in today's world is to be bold, positive, and
courageous - bodacious!  Today Mary inspires women everywhere
to be bodacious in their lives, careers and businesses.  You
can be inspired, too!  Get a free copy of Mary's e-book
"Becoming a Bodacious Woman:  The Essentials Every Woman
Must Know" at!

© 2006 Mary Foley, Bodacious Ventures, LLC.

  or her work. Mary Foley can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Mary Foley