Free-Reprint Article Written by: Stan Popovich

When Someone You Know Struggles With Fear And Anxiety

What do you do when someone you know has to deal with persistent
fears, anxieties, or even depression? Here are some techniques
you can use to help the person cope.

Distribution Date and Time: Tue Feb 14 03:07:13 EST 2006

Written By:     Stan Popovich

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/p/struggling-with-fear-and-anxiety.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Stan_Popovich

When Someone You Know Struggles With Fear And Anxiety
Copyright © 2006 Stan Popovich
A Layman's Guide to Managing Fear
http://www.managingfear.com/

What do you do when someone you know has to deal with persistent
fears, anxieties, or even depression? Well the first thing you
need to do is to get the person to seek the services of a
professional who can lead them in the right direction and give
them the help they need. In addition, here are some other
techniques you can use to help the person cope.

Learn as much as you can in managing anxiety and depression.
There are many books and information that will educate you on
how to deal with fear and anxiety. Share this information with
the person who is struggling. Education is the key in finding
the answers your looking for in managing your fears.

Be understanding and patient with the person struggling with
their fears. Dealing with depression and anxiety can be difficult
for the person so do not add more problems than what is already
there.

The person struggling with the anxiety must realize that managing
anxiety and fear takes practice. When experiencing an anxiety
related situation, begin to learn what works, what doesn't work,
and what you need to improve on in managing your fears and
anxieties. As you do this, you will become better in dealing
with your anxieties.

Learn to manage your negative thoughts. A good way to manage
your fear is to challenge your negative thinking with positive
statements and realistic thinking. When encountering thoughts
that make your fearful or anxious, challenge those thoughts by
asking yourself questions that will maintain objectivity and
common sense.

Another thing to remember is that things change and events do not
stay the same. For instance, you may feel overwhelmed today with
your anxiety and feel that this is how you will feel the rest of
the week or month. This isn't correct. No one can predict the
future with 100 Percent accuracy. Even if the thing that you
feared does happen there are circumstances and factors that you
can't predict which can be used to your advantage. You never know
when the help and answers you are looking for will come to you.

As a Layman, I realize it is not easy to deal with all of our
fears. When your fears and anxieties have the best of you, seek
help from a professional. The key is to be patient, take it slow,
and not to give up. In time, you will be able to find those
resources that will help you with your problems.

Mr. Stanley Popovich is the author of "A Layman's Guide to
Managing Fear" an easy to read book that presents a overview
of techniques that are effective in managing persistent
fears and anxieties. For additional information go to:
http://www.managingfear.com

  or her work. Stan Popovich can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Stan Popovich
http://www.managingfear.com/