Free-Reprint Article Written by: Shri V. Srikanth
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*
*
*    ReprintArticles-Paradise@yahoogroups.com
*

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:

Article Title:
==============
Simplified Personal Finances can Boost Savings, Ring in Financial Freedom

Article Description:
====================
In a report filed on January 30, 2006, Associated Press said that
the savings rate for the average American has dipped to its
lowest levels since the depths of the depression in 1933...

Additional Article Information:
===============================
Distribution Date and Time: Thu Feb 16 03:14:23 EST 2006

Written By:     Shri V. Srikanth
Copyright:      2006

Article URL:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/s/simplified-personal-finance.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Shri_V._Srikanth

Simplified Personal Finances can Boost Savings, Ring in Financial Freedom
Copyright © 2006 Shri V. Srikanth
Character & Wealth
http://www.characterandwealth.com

In a report filed on January 30, 2006, Associated Press said that
the savings rate for the average American has dipped to its
lowest levels since the depths of the depression in 1933.

Other reports on the subject indicate that a large number of
employees continue to ignore the 401(k) plan as a retirement
savings vehicle in-spite of increasing incentives from the
employer.

It has also been found that other plans such as Traditional IRA &
Roth IRA suffer a similar lack of participatory zeal, even though
some of them offer some excellent benefits.

The reasons for this lack of savings range from:

1. I don't understand them

2. I don't know have enough money

3. I have no clue about investing

4. The future is not a concern yet

Employers on their part, in an attempt to improve participation
rates, have hit upon at least one technique that works well:

Default the employee into the 401(k) or other similar plans, and
have the employee have to make an active choice to not
participate.

This simple change has resulted in an increase in participation
rates to the 85%-90% levels for those firms.

A simple truth about savings and money emerges from this:

We do not want to, or like to, think about money, savings and
investing!

If one pays attention to this thought, what it is shouting out
for is:

Keep it extremely simple, for I do not want to think about it.

Simplifying personal finances, and making it automatic, is the
best hope for each of us to get into the saving and investing
mode.

As the first step in simplification, you can:

1. Make sure all savings are automatically deducted from your
paycheck.

2. Choose one savings vehicle, say, the 401(k) plan, and begin
contributing up to the amount that is matched by the employer
(the free money!)

3. Get help for investing

Just taking these three steps will significantly improve the
future outlook for retirement for each of us. Keep it simple. But
it gets better.

Foundation for Financial Freedom

A basic discipline towards personal finance goes a long way
towards building a nest-egg. But taking only a few extra simple
steps can launch you towards total financial freedom:

1. First, put money away into 401(k) to get the free employer
match

2. Maximize Roth IRA contributions

3. Take the help of investment newsletters to learn how to
outperform the market

4. Let your money grow through compounding

The above steps can begin building your nest egg, and combined
with:

1. Frugal living

2. Paying off Debts &

3. Buying a reasonably sized house

and doing related common sense activities, one can visualize a
golden retirement in say 25-30 years.

Which is great as this will add hugely to your wealth and that of
the country! A few more steps could shave 60% of your time to
freedom though!

Financial Freedom In Ten Years!

Of course this path of the slow and steady is a turn-off to many!
You may like to get to that financially independent state
quickly!

And while overnight success stories are rare, those achieving
financial independence in a decade or less are not so uncommon.

These individuals:

1. Increase their savings rate into the 30%+ range

2. Maximize portfolio returns with the help of financial advisors
or expert investment newsletters into the 20%+ range

3. Take every tax advantage available (including capital gains
tax, dividend tax, tax-deferred plans)

4. Develop extra income sources through own side-business that
diversifies their income stream and reduces income risk

5. Always work hard at their primary career to increase their
value at their company, and thus pull in substantial income from
it

Following these simple steps will build a substantial net-worth
for you, using which you will be able to free yourselves from job
dependence in a short-time (sometimes as quickly as seven years
from the time you start with earnest).

Many Roads to Financial Freedom

The above listed pathway is not the only pathway to richness.
There are those who solely concentrate on building their
business, and there are others whose business is investing or
real-estate and so forth.

While these roads are open to you, it might be far less
disruptive to benefit from the compounding of incremental
improvements in

1. Income

2. Personal Finance &

3. Investing

and ride towards financial freedom in under a decade!

While there are many good websites that talk about the individual
pieces of this puzzle, at Character & Wealth (and I am biased
here, but I think with good reason), a complete picture is
presented with the necessary tools and community support to
achieve the goal of total financial freedom in under ten years.

Shri V. Srikanth is a member and author of several articles at
Character & Wealth, an online community dedicated to bringing
total financial freedom to its members in under ten years.
You can contact Shri at [EMAIL PROTECTED],
http://www.characterandwealth.com

--- END ARTICLE ---

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated:  April 7, 2005)

  The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

  Hyperlinks (clickable links).

  within the article.

*** Author Notification ***

  or her work. Shri V. Srikanth can be reached at:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Print Permission at:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

free tool:  http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

and opinion of its author, Shri V. Srikanth
http://www.characterandwealth.com

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links