Free-Reprint Article Written by: Geela

Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Article Description:
While watching the news on TV in a typical ritualistic manner,
I couldn't help but notice an underlying theme in the daily
bombardment of bad news of "out of control fires" - in the formg
of global terrorism and chronic conflicts around the globe.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Feb 17 03:56:08 EST 2006

Written By:     Geela
Copyright:      2004-2006

Everybody Wants To Rule The World
Copyright © 2004-2006 Geela
Author of "The American Dream"

Quote of the day: "And in the end, we will preserve only what
   we love.  We will love only what we understand.  We will
   understand only what we are taught."

While watching the news on TV in a typical ritualistic manner,
I couldn't help but notice an underlying theme in the daily
bombardment of bad news of "out of control fires" - in the formg
of global terrorism and chronic conflicts around the globe.

Global terrorism and social unrest are only symptomatic of
something much deeper, namely, a moral crisis characterized by
a battle between good (defined as high awareness and living in
harmony with universal laws characterized by integrity, giving
and the honoring of all living things) and evil (defined as
compromised integrity, corruption and lack of respect for the
sanctity of life).  It is easy to see the truth that the pursuit
of power and control is the driving force behind global
terrorism.  This war is fueled by religious and political leaders
who feel they have monopoly over the truth and knowing God, and
will stop at nothing even if it means using the name of God as a
license to kill.  Simply put, everybody wants to rule the world
in the spirit of "it's either my way or no way," reinforcing the
golden rule – he with the most gold, rules. However, the pursuit
of power, which is perpetuated by the media, is seen both on the
individual and global level alike.  It's particularly evident in
political campaigns where winning at all costs is the name of the
game and therefore everything is fair game.

The pursuit of power, which can be inherently very intoxicating,
has always played a central role in the history of human affairs.
Perhaps it's human nature to seek an edge in order to not only
survive but also thrive in the jungles of life.  Yet power, like
money, in and of itself is not evil, nor is the passion to posses
power.  It's only when the obsession with power and winning is
unleashed, and universal laws are ignored, that erosion in
morality is inevitable and absolute power invariably corrupts
absolutely, which ultimately leads to failing systems and
institutions, conflicts and wars. That's because when power is
not used as a useful tool to make a difference, it becomes as
fleeting as it is cruel.  The history of human affairs is full of
stories of individuals, and empires alike, that rose and fell
precisely because in the pursuit of power they violated not only
the laws of man but more importantly the ultimate laws from which
no one is exempt, namely, universal laws that demand integrity
and respect for the sanctity of life.

It's the pursuit of false power, coupled with a disconnect from
our spiritual roots and the failure to see the unity in life,
that leads to senseless violence.  Every senseless act of
violence only reminds us that, while we have become giants in
technology, we are by-in-large still mental midgets. The problem
is magnified when advanced technology and sophisticated deadly
weapons don't match the level of awareness and integrity of those
who handle them.  In other words, we have the knowledge, but we
lack the wisdom to control our technologies.  Power without
control, wisdom and integrity is the formula for disaster.  It's
been said that those who know most, fear most because they have
the ability to see beyond the surface level, see the "big
picture" and how everything is connected.  They also know that
humanity has never had weapons that they did not use (after all,
they have to justify the cost and the temptation to resort to a
"quick fix" as a solution to a complicated conflict is simply too
great).  That's why it's safe to assume that this time around it
won't be any different, unless something dramatic happens on a
major scale (change in our way of thinking and doing things).

Living in a time where chaos is the order of the day, the global
community finds itself on a collision course with destiny,
suspended between fear and hope, evolution and revolution.   But
the constant flirting with dangerous weapons only accelerates
the process of sinking into a spiritual/moral black hole due
to a loss of control and inevitable consequences of total mass
destruction of civilization as we know it.  It's obvious that the
fate of our destiny will be determined by the actions we'll take

While killing under limited circumstances may be necessary, it
nevertheless poisons and stains the heart and soul.  However,
there is no glory in pain and destruction.  Since it's much
easier to destroy than to build, the challenge becomes very real.
You can die at any time, but it takes true courage to live.

It's only when we understand the distinction between real and
false power, can we hopefully make better choices in order
to experience life fully with purpose, meaning, inner peace,
fulfillment, real joy and self-worth while living in harmony with
the world around us.  While real power, which is driven by power
of love, empowers others and is expansive by nature, false power,
which is driven by love of power, overpowers others and is
restrictive by nature. Ultimately one leads to destruction
and chaos while the other to construction and prosperity.

So here is a condensed guideline for identifying true power:

* True power, which is characterized by integrity, giving, and
the honoring of all living things, has the ability to see the
unity in all living things.  When a high vision is aligned with
universal laws, real, constructive power is inevitable and easily

* Knowledge is true power, but only when used correctly as a tool
to make a difference.

* True power is aligned with our spiritual essence (remember we
are spiritual beings experiencing the human experience and not
the other way around). Therefore, everything we do is spirit-
filled and spirit-directed.

* True power seeks to reconnect us with our spiritual roots – the
foundation of our existence and true prosperity.

* True power seeks to build and embrace positive concepts of
morality, integrity, spirituality and a wholesome values system,
all of which give us access to the unlimited positive power that
builds and creates total prosperity.

* True power builds and creates in a win-win spirit, helping you
make a living while making a difference.

* True power does not fall victim to the misconception that
external riches have the power to give us internal riches of
meaning, purpose, inner peace, fulfillment, real joy and self-

* True power, which recognizes the spirit that connects us all,
recognizes that diversity is the mosaic of life that needs to be
celebrated.  It brings people together by going beyond
superficial boundaries of color, race and religion.

* True power heals, transcends pain and transforms, especially
during uncertain times.

* True power inspires people to become somebody's hero and be the
change they wish to see in the world, thus giving meaning and
purpose to their existence.

* True power creates real joy and inner peace that comes from
helping others become a magnet of real joy and total prosperity.

* True power is synonymous with high vision, hope, purpose and

Anything short of that is false power, a power which is short-
lived and meaningless in the scheme of all creation.

Perhaps it's time to draw a line in the sand, declare your
freedom from false beliefs and mind control by others who may not
have your best interests at heart and reclaim your own true and
unlimited power that's  waiting to express itself positively. Or
perhaps it's time to think of ourselves as citizens of the world
and come together, if only for the sake of the next generation
whose future should not be unfairly stolen from them. In the
final analysis, only when the power of love overcomes the love
of power, and superficial barriers such as race, religion and
ignorance are removed, can we finally hope to experience true
inner and outer peace and harmony, healing and total prosperity.

Since every crisis carries with it the seed for equal or greater
opportunity for growth, the pursuit of power and control
disguised as global terrorism and political games, may actually
be a golden opportunity for a true re-birth and resurrection of
the human spirit as a human family working in a new and promising
direction united by the spirit that connects us all.  The real
salvation for preserving a free and thriving society is not by
developing more sophisticated and deadly weapons (what good
does it do if you win but you are dead in an ocean of mass
destruction?), but rather through increased awareness and
knowledge.  Likewise, since the real battle is the battle within,
in our way of thinking, the ultimate power we seek is not "out
there" but rather is already within. All we have to do is
recognize it and use it wisely for purposes of good, or face the
consequences of abusing and misusing it.  As I keep reminding my
daughter (whenever she is tempted to violate the rules), "I did
not create the world..."

Copyright © 2004-2006, Geela
Author of "The American Dream"

Geela is an award winning singer/songwriter/composer and author
of the best-selling book "THE AMERICAN DREAM," her true- life
story of how she came to America as a young immigrant with
nothing and overcame incredible obstacles to achieve
mega-success. She founded ONE SPIRIT, ONE WORLD to help
children and promote a culture of peace and harmony. Get a
free sample of her music and her book at

  or her work. Geela can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Geela