Free-Reprint Article Written by: Stanley Popovich

A Review Of Techniques In Managing Your Depression

Some people have a difficult time in managing their depression.
Sometimes, their depression and fears can get best of them.  As a
result, here is a short list of techniques that a person can use
to help manage their depression.

Distribution Date and Time: Wed Feb 22 00:59:50 EST 2006

Written By:     Stanley Popovich

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/p/techniques-managing-depression.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Stanley_Popovich

A Review Of Techniques In Managing Your Depression
Copyright © 2006 Stanley Popovich
A Layman's Guide to Managing Fear
http://www.managingfear.com/

Some people have a difficult time in managing their depression.
Sometimes, their depression and fears can get best of them.  As a
result, here is a short list of techniques that a person can use
to help manage their depression.

One of the ways to manage your depression is to challenge your
negative thinking with positive statements and realistic
thinking. When encountering thoughts that make your fearful or
depressed, challenge those thoughts by asking yourself questions
that will maintain objectivity and common sense. For example,
your afraid that if you do not get that job promotion then you
will be stuck at your job forever. This depresses you, however
your thinking in this situation is unrealistic. The fact of the
matter is that there all are kinds of jobs available and just
because you don't get this job promotion doesn't mean that you
will never get one. In addition, people change jobs all the time,
and you always have that option of going elsewhere if you are
unhappy at your present location.

Some people get depressed and have a difficult time getting out
of bed in the mornings.  When this happens, a person should take
a deep breathe and try to find something to do to get their mind
off of the problem.   A person could take a walk, listen to some
music, read the newspaper or do an activity that will give them a
fresh perspective on things. Doing something will get your mind
off of the problem and give you confidence to do other things.

Sometimes, we can get depressed over a task that we will have to
perform in the near future. When this happens, visualize yourself
doing the task in your mind. For instance, you and your team have
to play in the championship volleyball game in front of a large
group of people in the next few days. Before the big day comes,
imagine yourself playing the game in your mind. Imagine that your
playing in front of a large audience. By playing the game in your
mind, you will be better prepared to perform for real when the
time comes. Self-Visualization is a great way to reduce the fear
and stress of a coming situation.

Another technique that is very helpful is to have a small
notebook of positive statements that make us feel good. Whenever
you come across an affirmation that makes you feel good, write it
down in a small notebook that you can carry around with you in
your pocket.  Whenever you feel depressed, open up your small
notebook and read those statements.

Remember to take advantage of the help that is available around
you. If possible, talk to a professional who can help you manage
your fears and anxieties. They will be able to provide you with
additional advice and insights on how to deal with your current
problem.  By talking to a professional, a person will be helping
themselves in the long run because they will become better able
to deal with their problems in the future. Managing your fears
and anxieties takes practice.  The more you practice, the better
you will become.

The techniques that I have just covered are some basic ways to
manage your depression, however your best bet is to get some help
from a professional.

Mr. Stanley Popovich is the author of "A Layman's Guide to
Managing Fear" an easy to read book that presents a overview
of techniques that are effective in managing persistent fears
and anxieties. For additional information go to:
http://www.managingfear.com

  or her work. Stanley Popovich can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Stanley Popovich
http://www.managingfear.com/