Free-Reprint Article Written by: Kamau Austin

Beauty and Botox -- Face Forward Tips for 2006!

Article Description:
Get the scoop on the fastest growing alternatives to
facelifts and surgical procedures to renew the face and

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Feb 24 02:02:05 EST 2006

Written By:     Kamau Austin
Copyright:      2006, All Rights Reserved

Kamau Austin's Picture URL:

Beauty and Botox -- Face Forward Tips for 2006!
Copyright © 2006 Kamau Austin, All Rights Reserved
DBA AdPro Media Sales

Get the scoop on the fastest growing alternatives to
facelifts and surgical procedures to renew the face and

Did you know that BOTOX injections are one of the most
popular procedures in cosmetic surgery today?  In fact,
Botox injections far out number breast augmentation and
rhinoplasty (cosmetic surgery on the nose), as the most
preferred aesthetic surgical procedure?

As you may agree, in western culture attractiveness is
closely wedded to youthfulness. The appearance of wrinkles
on the face is a source of anxiety for millions of women and

The search for a miracle drug to help us appear younger
presently fuels a multi-billion dollar beauty and cosmetic

The related industries of weight loss and health are just as
robust.  There is stiff competition between beauty companies
constantly trying to sell youth and beauty in a jar.

If you have the money you can opt for the more invasive (and
ostensibly more effective) procedures to help you look
younger. This where BOTOX followed by its more permanent
cousin, plastic surgery may fit the bill.

A nutritious and balanced diet, accompanied by a rigorous
exercise regimen can make your body look years younger.
Unfortunately there's no such workout to tighten your face.

Your face starts reflecting the passage of time the soonest,
and most visibly. Studies indicate wrinkles appear on our
skin as early as the age of 27.

If it is our face, which betrays our age the first, no
wonder it the focus of so much anxiety.  This is why we want
age-defying intervention.

BOTOX, as of now, appears to be the answer to some people's
prayers. Younger and firmer looks seem to be just a few
small injections away.

BOTOX is actually short for Botulinum Toxin Type A. It is a
highly toxic substance and one of its milder side effects is
food poisoning.

It is actually a protein complex, which is produced by the
bacteria Clostridium botulinum. What is used in cosmetic
surgery is an injectible form of this toxin.

This form of the toxin is purportedly sterilized and

Some consider BOTOX a poison.  They feel this way because it
is injected in small doses under the skin.  It is reported
to work by deadening the underlying muscle, preventing any
further movement and thus smoothening out the skin.

BOTOX is said to interfere between muscle and nerve
interaction. Some feel small doses of this chemical
effectively prevent the release of acetylcholine by the
nerve cells.

This neuro-chemical transfers signals to muscles,
determining their contraction and relaxation. When injected
into selected muscles, BOTOX stops them from contracting.

Therefore, any present frown lines are ironed away. In fact,
within a week they become almost invisible.

In the April of the year 2002, the FDA approved the use of
BOTOX injections as a treatment for the reduction of frown
lines. Since then, it has come to be regarded as the fastest
growing anti-aging cure in the country.

Keep in mind that the FDA cautions against using Botox more
than once in 3 months. Also it recommends that the lowest
possible effective dose to be used in a session.

There are other, more permanent, options available – if you
are inclined towards cosmetic surgery. Procedures like an
eyelid tuck (blepharoplasty) and a bow lift (also called a
forehead lift) last about 30 to 90 minutes.

They are outpatient operations, so you can leave for home
the same day. Another option is the face lift (or
rhytidectomy) – a slightly longer operation which can go on
for 2 to 4 hours.

Patients are advised to stay overnight at the clinic.
Although none of these procedures can reduce wrinkles, they
very distinctly tighten up a sagging face by literally
cutting away any extra bits of facial skin. The recovery
period can last from 7 days to a month depending upon the
extent of the operation.

However, at the end of it you may be rewarded with a much
younger and firmer facial appearance.

Given the risks associated with Botox facial treatments like
Rejuvinol™ deserve a serious look.  We have heard that
Rejuvinol™ available from Amazon and is a
product that uses helps give a younger appearance by
appearing to smoothing out wrinkles. It's makers say that it
contains the universally recognized Argireline® from Lipotec
S.A. The active ingredient in Argireline® is acetyl
hexapeptide 3 (AH3), a deep penetrating, powerful amino
peptide that helps to relax the intensity and frequency of
facial muscle contractions.  It just may be a less expensive
and invasive way to put your best face forward.

Visit for the latest in
Timeless Health and Fitness Tips for 2006.  Discover the
newest trends at the Fit After Forty Blog. Find them at...
Article courtesy of Kamau Austin, © Copyright 2006

This Article must be published with a disclaimer as such...
This article is for general information purposes only. Before
under taking any exercise or treatment program always first
check first with your doctor and health professionals.

  or her work. Kamau Austin can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Kamau Austin