Free-Reprint Article Written by: Cheryl Vallejos, CPBA, CPVA

The Journey From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be

Article Description:
After the beginning of the New Year has come and gone, how do you
keep the momentum going? Hopefully, you set your New Year's goals
and now you're ready to see them begin to manifest.

Distribution Date and Time: Wed Mar  1 19:27:54 EST 2006

Written By:     Cheryl Vallejos, CPBA, CPVA

For more free-reprint articles by this Author, please visit:,_CPBA,_CPVA

The Journey From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
Copyright © 2006 Cheryl Vallejos, CPBA, CPVA
"Monthly Leadership Tips" e-zine

After the beginning of the New Year has come and gone, how do you
keep the momentum going? Hopefully, you set your New Year's goals
and now you're ready to see them begin to manifest. Your goals
may include the areas of health, relationships, finances,
business, family, and creative pursuits. You may want to build a
thriving business and create a balanced life. But how do you get
from where you are to where you want to be? So glad you asked.
The quickest answer is: plan your work and work your plan. Every
journey needs a strategy to get to where you want to go, whether
it's a map, a marketing plan, or working with a coach or mentor.

There are proven methods used by highly successful people that
help them achieve what they want in life. The most successful
people—those who achieve the goals they set out to achieve and
live fulfilling lives—demonstrate certain traits and actions.
They are organized, disciplined, curious, open to learning and
growing, fearless (or willing to act in spite of fear), positive-
minded, and persistent. They take action, measure their results,
and change course when necessary. Here is a 7-step winning
formula for YOU to have a successful journey this year.

Let's start our journey together...

1. ATTITUDE – Develop a positive attitude and an attitude of
gratitude every day. Your thoughts are powerful creators—what you
think about most often manifests in the outer world. Learn to
form habits of constructive thinking and supportive beliefs that
will attract what you want. Successful people practice daily
routines that keep their inner worlds pristine, such as
meditation, affirmations, visualization, and empowering reading.
Let your inner world work for you to bring you the results you so

2. GOALS – Set your goals, write them down, read them every day,
and visualize them as already accomplished. Follow the guidelines
in the January e-zine for guidelines on highly effective goal-
setting. [link]

3. PLAN – Write out a strategy, a plan of action for each goal.
You need to get organized, learn how to manage your time to avoid
getting stuck in overwhelm with too much to do, and stay on
course to avoid being pulled away by distractions. It would serve
you well to become disciplined, stay focused, and make a strong
commitment to yourself that you will stick to your plan and do
whatever is necessary to get to where you want to go.

4. EDUCATION – All successful people immerse themselves in
ongoing education. Whether you prefer to learn from books,
seminars, teleclasses, or one on one, there are probably many
skills you could improve upon and several you may want to learn.
How about brushing up on your time management tools, your
communication and leadership skills, and your computer abilities?
Learn to solve problems, make decisions, inspire confidence, and
communicate with power and ease.

5. SUPPORT – Few people get to where they want to go alone. We
all need a team. Assemble a winning team and you're halfway
there. Make a list of who you would like on your success team.
You might want to start with a coach or someone you can count
on for ongoing support, feedback, guidance, and accountability.
You might also want to include mentors, teachers, and service
professionals (accountant, lawyer, computer technician,
copywriter, etc.) you can call on to help you reach your goals.
You do what you do best, so learn to delegate to others what
they do best, and let them help you succeed!

6. ASSESS – Measure your progress and results from time to time
to see if what you are doing is working. If not, see where you
need to make adjustments. You may decide to abandon one goal if
it's no longer meaningful to you. Or you may need to develop an
alternative strategy when you meet challenges that stop you cold.
Look for ways to work smarter, and make the necessary changes not
only in the actions you take, but in the attitudes you hold. All
the work you do on the outside will not succeed if not supported
by empowering beliefs on the inside. Eliminate any negative
thought patterns or work habits that may be sabotaging you.
Success is an inside/outside journey and you want to feel
fulfilled in both aspects.

7. CELEBRATE – You might notice I include this step often.
It's because many of us get so caught up in the doing, and the
getting, and the achieving, that we forget about the being. We
need to sit still after an accomplishment and savor the feelings
of success. We need to reward ourselves in nurturing ways and
celebrate not only our results but our efforts. Just in moving
toward your goals you are ahead of many people who simply write
them out and then do nothing. Remember the rewards are in the
journey as well as in the results. Enjoy the process and
celebrate often.

A great way to move from where you are to where you want to
be is with the support and guidance of a professional coach.
To find out how a business/ life coach can help you build a
thriving business and live a balanced life, contact Cheryl
Vallejos, CPBA, CPVA,  Author, Motivational Speaker, Certified
Business Coach and Consultant at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
sign up for the free "Monthly Leadership Tips" e-zine and
the bonus FREE 37-page leadership guide eBook at:

  or her work. Cheryl Vallejos, CPBA, CPVA can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Cheryl Vallejos, CPBA, CPVA