Free-Reprint Article Written by: Geela

Global Unity Or Global Insanity?

If the global economy and the Information Super Highway are any
indication of an emerging one world vision, there is no denying
that no one can be an island any longer - we're all simply in
this together.

Distribution Date and Time: Wed Mar  1 22:20:09 EST 2006

Written By:     Geela
Copyright:      2004-2006

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/g/global-unity-or-insanity.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Geela

Global Unity Or Global Insanity?
Copyright © 2004-2006 Geela
Author of "The American Dream"
http://www.Geela.com

Today's quote: "I can't wait for the day when we can speak of God
without embarrassment."

If the global economy and the Information Super Highway are any
indication of an emerging one world vision, there is no denying
that no one can be an island any longer - we're all simply in
this together.  We either win together or lose together.  However
by becoming more interdependent, the global community is equally
becoming more vulnerable to potential disasters on a mass scale.

Today we find ourselves riding on a roller coaster of uncertainty
and high anxiety, where anarchy is the order of the day and
dangerous weapons increasingly find themselves in the wrong
hands.  The emerging new world order has also created a new type
of mafia, also known as Al Quieda, using religion as their main
weapon of choice in pursuit of control and power.

The chaos and insanity that have plagued the world community is
but a reflection of a moral crisis and the level of our
collective consciousness.  When we fail to see the unity of life,
by not respecting the sanctity of life or recognizing the spirit
that connects us all beyond the superficial boundaries of race,
color and religion, we invariably contribute to the perception
that somehow we are separated (when in fact we are all strands of
the web of life).  When hearts get tainted from lack of
acceptance of differences, conflicts and wars are inevitable,
particularly when the name of God is used as a license to kill.

It's so ironic that the very thing (organized religion) that was
supposed to unite and bring people together, has turned out to be
a divisive force, and the main motivator for wars and senseless
violence in the history of human affairs.  If there is one
valuable lesson that can be learned from history, it's that wars
are self-defeating.  No one really ever wins a war.  Ultimately,
"He who lives by the sword, shall die by the sword," simply
because it's a key element of the universal law of cause and
effect (for every action there is a reaction).

However, while striving for peace is essential for maintaining a
free and thriving society, it's important to keep things in
perspective.  We cannot afford the luxury of being perceived by
the enemy as weak, passive and incapable of defeating evil
whenever necessary.  In the absence of a cure for eradicating
evil, the best option is one of managing the problem.  This
approach has to be based on having a strong spirit.

Having a strong spirit is paramount to success in dealing with
any type of challenges, particularly global terrorism.  A strong
spirit is like a ship in the vast ocean that won't sink as long
as there is no hole in it.  My dad used to say "If you lose your
money, you haven't lost anything (money is replaceable).  If you
lose your health, you have lost something, but if you lose your
spirit, you have lost everything."  That's because having a
strong spirit gives you the winning edge in every situation.  The
primary goal of evil-doers, who are aware of the awesome power of
the spirit, is to target the spirit, weaken it in order to
accelerate the process of surrender and defeat.

Picasso believed that, "Every act of creation begins with the act
of destruction."  Mother Nature teaches us that everything has a
purpose (after all, God doesn't play dice).  Chaos, violence and
destruction are merely a natural part of the equation and cycle
of life in which destruction gives birth to new life.  Chaos
plays a vital role in the scheme of all creation by providing the
necessary stimulation in order for growth and evolution to take
place.  Therefore, it's safe to presume that real peace, defined
as an absence of conflicts, is not truly achievable.  It would be
naive to believe that violence and destruction can be permanently
and completely eradicated.

There is no denying that global unity (peace) is a worthwhile
pursuit.  After all, our very survival is dependent on our
ability to co-exist.  However, there are certain misconceptions
that actually serve as roadblocks and hinder the process of
attaining real and lasting peace.  Peace has always eluded men.
Like life, peace is not a destination, but rather a process by
which one is allowed the freedom of self-expression while
interacting with the world in a more humane and livable way by
making a conscious effort to live according to universal moral
values. It's a process intended to provide a safe haven for like-
minded people who are trying to find some measure of joy and
happiness while trying to survive on the battlefields of life.
Peace is not something that happens overnight, or even in a
lifetime either.  Rather peace is a worthy goal and a process by
which we evolve, allowing inner change to hopefully create the
desirable outer change as well (remember the wheels of change
always turn slowly but surely).

Genuine and lasting global unity (peace), which is a state of
mind and a way of living, can not be attained through an
escalating arms race and certainly not by the signing of a piece
of paper by politicians who are driven by their own agendas.  It
is peace consciousness that unites people, creating prosperity
and sanity.  When we finally recognize the spirit that connects
us all, honor the sanctity of life and learn to be at peace with
ourselves and universal laws, it becomes virtually impossible to
destroy ourselves and others, or the environment. Indeed only
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, will the
world finally know genuine peace.

Since everything starts with an idea and everything is possible,
isn't it also possible for the concept of global unity (peace) to
gain momentum and become a reality too?  All we need is to plant
the seeds, so that the seeds take root, grow and spread and take
a life of their own.  Over time the movement can become a
revolution, leading to evolution and global change for the
benefit of everyone.

Today, civilization finds itself at the crossroads.  Changing the
world which we live in requires changing our way of thinking and
our concepts about ourselves and life itself.  Real solutions to
problems require daring and innovative individuals who can dream
of things that never were.  As Albert Einstein once observed,
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by
the level of thinking that created them."  However troubling and
uncertain the times, it's just another moment in time.  Defining
this moment in time is all up to us by the choices that we make.
These choices can either lead to global unity (peace and
prosperity) where we honor and celebrate the miracle of life, or
to the false glory of death where the triumph of violence
eventually ends in a festival of pain and misery.

In a constantly changing world, where global insanity seems to be
getting the upper hand, it's easy to lose sight of your true
spiritual essence and awesome power to affect change.  Since the
path to success of any mission is action, why not resolve to be
the change you wish to see in the world today.  Who knows you
might even discover the joy of being somebody's hero in the most
unexpected places.  Together we might even restore global
insanity.

Copyright © 2004-2006, Geela
Author of "The American Dream"
http://www.Geela.com

Geela is an award winning singer/songwriter/composer, columnist,
and author of the best-selling book "THE AMERICAN DREAM," her
true- life story of how she came to America as a young immigrant
with nothing and overcame incredible obstacles to achieve
mega-success. She founded ONE SPIRIT, ONE WORLD to help children
and promote a culture of peace and harmony. Get a free sample of
her music and her book at http://www.Geela.com

  or her work. Geela can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Geela
http://www.Geela.com