Free-Reprint Article Written by: Wesley Berry

Poker Night Fight? Send Flowers To Apologize

Your buddies were over last night for poker night. They were
noisy, stayed late, and left the place a mess. Your significant
other is not amused and you're in the doghouse. Need a quick way
to start smoothing things over?

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Mar  3 13:06:51 EST 2006

Written By:     Wesley Berry

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/b/poker-night-fight-apologies.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Wesley_Berry

Poker Night Fight? Send Flowers To Apologize
Copyright © 2006 Wesley Berry
Wesley Berry Flowers
http://www.800wesleys.com/

Your buddies were over last night for poker night. They were
noisy, stayed late, and left the place a mess. Your significant
other is not amused and you're in the doghouse. Need a quick way
to start smoothing things over? Send her flowers to let her know
how wonderful she is and how sorry you are.

In a recent survey of both men and women, when asked which gift
they most often give to apologize, a whopping 49 percent of
respondents chose flowers making them the number one ranked
apology gift-even over jewelry which received only 10 percent of
the vote. More importantly, flowers were also ranked the best "I
Love You" gift with 37 percent of the vote. Clearly flowers are a
fantastic way to say, "I'm sorry."

So, how do you choose and order an apology gift of flowers for
your significant other? Well, it's much easier than you might
think. Here are some quick tips:

 * First and foremost, think of a way to personalize the gift.
   A generic gift of flowers that doesn't take into consideration
   her personality, likes, and dislikes isn't likely to help you
   take even one step out of the doghouse. If she hates orchids,
   she's going to be even angrier if you send her a bouquet of
   them. However, if her absolute favorite flower is brightly
   colored, enormous gerberas, a huge bouquet of them is sure
   to bring at least a small smile to her face.

 * Write her a special note to go with the flowers. Let her
   know that you appreciate her letting you have all the guys
   over, or that you know you screwed up, and you hope she'll
   forgive you. Whether you make it a heartfelt note or just
   a clever and cute one really depends on just how angry she
   is. If she's just mildly miffed about the mess in the
   kitchen after poker night, try something like, "I'll bet
   none of my poker buddies knows I'm married to the Queen
   of Hearts-but I do!"

 * Enlist your florist to help you with your mission. Florists
   are experts in creating special arrangements to meet any
   need, and they've heard it all! Tell your florist what the
   flowers are for, provide a little information about the
   recipient's likes, dislikes, favorite flowers, and favorite
   colors, and let your florist do the rest.

 * Have the flowers delivered at a time that will be a surprise,
   but that is also convenient. If you know your significant
   other would be irritated by flowers delivered during the peak
   time at work, communicate that to your florist and give him
   or her a best time for the delivery.

The bottom line here is to really think about how your gift of
flowers can have the best impact on the situation. Make it a
personal gift that matches the situation, and make sure she knows
how important she is to you. Remember, flowers are a great "I
Love You" gift, so make sure yours say just that.

Wesley Berry is the President of Wesley Berry Flowers,
a successful multi-million dollar business that was
established in 1946. He is also the Headmaster of the
Professional Florists' Institute, a floral design school
located in Michigan. Visit Wesley Berry Flowers on the
web at http://www.800wesleys.com.

  or her work. Wesley Berry can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Wesley Berry
http://www.800wesleys.com/