Free-Reprint Article Written by: Stanley Popovich

Alcohol And Substance Abuse Will Not Take Away Your Fears

Your fears, anxieties, and other problems have the best of you
and you don’t know where to turn for help. At some point you feel
totally helpless as you struggle each day. What do you do?

Distribution Date and Time: Mon Mar  6 23:59:56 EST 2006

Written By:     Stanley Popovich

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/s/alcohol-and-substance-abuse.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Stanley_Popovich

Alcohol And Substance Abuse Will Not Take Away Your Fears
Copyright © 2006 Stanley Popovich
A Layman's Guide to Managing Fear
http://www.managingfear.com

Your fears, anxieties, and other problems have the best of you
and you don't know where to turn for help. At some point you feel
totally helpless as you struggle each day. What do you do? As a
layman and an author of a managing fear book, there were times
that my fears had the best of me. Through these experiences,
there is one thing that I learned. You can't hide or runaway from
your fears.

Alcohol and substance abuse or any other addictions will not take
away your problems and fears. In the short run, they might make
you feel better, but in the long run these addictions will only
make things worse.

So what do you do to make your problems and fears go away? Well,
since you can't runaway from them, then the best solution is to
tackle your fears head on no matter how strong they may be. The
key is to be smart in how you try to manage these fears. Here are
some ways in how to manage your persistent fears and anxieties.

Take it one day at a time. Instead of worrying about how you will
get through the rest of the week or coming month, try to focus on
today. Each day can provide us with different opportunities to
learn new things and that includes learning how to deal with your
problems. Focus on the present and stop trying to predict what
may happen next week. Next week will take care of itself.

Learn how to manage your fearful thoughts that may be difficult
to manage. When experiencing a negative thought, read some
positive statements and affirmations that help lift your spirits
and make you feel better. Remember that your fearful thoughts may
be exaggerated so balance these thoughts with realistic thinking
and common sense.

Take advantage of the help that is available around you. If
possible, talk to a professional who can help you manage your
fears and anxieties. They will be able to provide you with
additional advice and insights on how to deal with your current
problem. By talking to a professional, a person will be helping
themselves in the long run because they will become better able
to deal with their problems in the future. Managing your fears
and anxieties takes practice. The more you practice, the better
you will become.

When managing your fears and anxieties do not try to tackle
everything at once. The best solution is to break your fears or
problems into a series of smaller steps. Completing these smaller
tasks one at a time will make the stress more manageable and
increases your chances of success.

Managing your fears and anxieties will take some hard work.
Trying to avoid you problems will do nothing in getting rid of
your fears and anxieties. Sooner or later, you will have to
confront your fears and anxieties. Remember that all you can do
is to do your best each day, hope for the best, and take things
in stride. Patience, persistence, education, and being committed
in trying to solve your problem will go a long way in fixing your
problems.

Mr. Stanley Popovich is the author of "A Layman's Guide to
Managing Fear" an easy to read book that presents a overview
of techniques that are effective in managing persistent fears
and anxieties. For additional information go to:
http://www.managingfear.com

  or her work. Stanley Popovich can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Stanley Popovich
http://www.managingfear.com