Free-Reprint Article Written by: Mary Foley

Lovin' Your GOALS Yet?

Article Description:
I bet you've heard time and again that if you want to create a
successful life, career, or business, you'd better start liking
goals.  Make goals.  Post goals. Follow your goals.  Goals,
goals, goals, it all sounds so disciplined and draining.

Distribution Date and Time: Tue Mar  7 01:05:19 EST 2006

Written By:     Mary Foley

Lovin' Your GOALS Yet?
Copyright © 2006 Mary Foley
Bodacious Ventures, LLC.

I bet you've heard time and again that if you want to create a
successful life, career, or business, you'd better start liking
goals.  Make goals.  Post goals. Follow your goals.  Goals,
goals, goals, it all sounds so disciplined and draining.

Don't get me wrong, I love achieving things that are important to
me.  Without goals, I couldn't have gotten this far.  But I
needed a new way of looking at goals that didn't make me tired

So, I thought to myself, "Mary, when do you move into action
without hesitation, when you're so motivated you just do it?" Ah,
that was easy.  When I really love what I'm doing and am having

Then I read this by neurologist Donald Calne:

"The essential difference between emotion and reason is that
emotion leads to ACTION while reason leads to conclusions."

A brain doctor is saying that the thing that motivates us to
action is emotion!  Not a list of intellectual reasons why we
should get off our duff.

My translation:  LOVE and FUN must be well baked into creating
and accomplishing my goals if I want to make them happen!

With that perspective, I determined what GOALS really stands for:

Someone or Something!

That's right, LOVE!!  Achieving stuff isn't worth your time and
energy if you're not passionate about it.  Let's get excited
again about our businesses, our careers and our lives!  If you're
not, forget any other goals; they really don't matter.  Make your
goal to determine what it is that you really care enough to do to
get up in the morning and get going.

During a successful, demanding, rising through the ranks
10 year career with America Online Mary learned that the only
way to thrive in today's world is to be bold, positive, and
courageous - bodacious!  Today, as the founder of the Bodacious
Women's Club, Mary inspires women entrepreneurs to use their
natural abilities to build their businesses, reduce stress,
and feel fulfilled.  You can be inspired, too!  Get a free
copy of Mary's popular e-book "5 Empowering Words for Women"

Copyright © 2006, Mary Foley, Bodacious Ventures, LLC

  or her work. Mary Foley can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Mary Foley