Free-Reprint Article Written by: Kelly Hayford, C.N.C.
See Terms of Reprint Below.

*
*
*    ReprintArticles-Paradise@yahoogroups.com
*

This article has been distributed by:
http://Article-Distribution.com

Helpful Link:

Article Title:
==============
Curb & Conquer Your Food Cravings Part II - Balancing Your Body-Mind System

Article Description:
====================
Last time we talked about the importance of properly nourishing
your body-mind system in order to diminish or eliminate cravings
for health-robbing foods. Equally as important is balancing your
body-mind system, particularly with regard to your emotions and
blood sugar.

Additional Article Information:
===============================
Distribution Date and Time: Wed Mar 22 01:04:24 EST 2006

Written By:     Kelly Hayford, C.N.C.
Copyright:      2006

Article URL:
http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/h/curb-n-conquer-food-cravings-pt2.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Kelly_Hayford,_C.N.C.

Curb & Conquer Your Food Cravings Part II - Balancing Your Body-Mind System
Copyright © 2006 Kelly Hayford, C.N.C.
Award-winning author, "If It's Not Food, Don't Eat It!"
http://www.FoodFitnessByPhone.com

Last time we talked about the importance of properly nourishing
your body-mind system in order to diminish or eliminate cravings
for health-robbing foods. Equally as important is balancing your
body-mind system, particularly with regard to your emotions and
blood sugar.

Imbalanced blood sugar can lead to almost unbearable cravings for
poor quality foods, especially caffeine and sweets. Although
giving in and indulging in delectable confections may give you
temporary relief, doing so will only make things worse in the
long run. Regularly consuming stimulant foods such as caffeine,
alcohol and sweets is what causes and perpetuates the cycle of
wildly fluctuating blood sugar levels and cravings in the first
place.

Once you're hooked, it's like being on a biochemical roller
coaster. Soon after you consume the soda, coffee, pastry or other
stimulant, you're feeling pretty cheery. Then-pheeeeeew ---
boom!-your  blood sugar crashes and you feel like taking a nap or
strangling somebody for your next "fix." Or both.

In addition to causing strong food cravings and fatigue,
imbalanced glucose levels are also notorious for causing
headaches, insomnia, brain fog, excess weight that won't go away
and of course, pronounced emotional imbalance. This may show up
as depression, irritability, anxiety and often, swinging from one
mood to the next.

If you want to truly balance your emotions and conquer your food
cravings, you must stabilize your blood sugar! Following these
dietary recommendations will help:

1 ~ Eliminate or relegate stimulants to rare occasions, including:
    caffeine, chocolate, refined salt, alcohol and refined
    carbohydrates (sugars, high fructose corn syrup, white refined
    flour, etc.)

2 ~ Eat animal protein or whole grains within an hour of waking up.

3 ~ Eat three balanced meals daily and feed cravings for sweets
    with protein.

4 ~ Substitute stevia extract for concentrated or artificial
    sweeteners, as this natural herbal sweetener is known to
    balance blood sugar levels.

5 ~ Snack on a handful of wolfberries, also known as goji berries,
    which help support pancreatic function.

When it comes to supplementation, as we discussed in Part I, you
will also want to be sure that you're taking both a green food
and broad-based whole food supplement -regularly and abundantly.
In addition to supplying the body with an array of vital
nutrients, these two products are also very effective in
stabilizing blood sugar. Which means a double dose of assistance
in your endeavor to curb uncontrollable urges for poor-quality
foods.

Once your blood sugar levels are maintained in balance regularly,
you will notice that both food cravings and emotional upsets will
subside significantly. This could take a few weeks to a few
months depending on the person and to what degree efforts to
reverse this condition are followed.

Therapeutic-grade essential oils can help you through this
transition period and to establish and maintain an ongoing sense
of well-being.

1 ~ Bergamot and Cinnamon are both helpful for general cravings
    and addictions. (I once had a client who put a few drops of
    Bergamot on her feet every day and within a few days her
    irresistible cravings for salt and salty snacks completely
    went away!)

2 ~ Because Fennel and Dill help balance blood sugar levels,
    they are especially effective in clearing an unhealthy
    desire for sweets.

3 ~ Ginger, Lemon, Peppermint, and Spearmint may help with
    emotional eating and/or overeating.

NOTE: Make sure you are using therapeutic-grade essential oils
almost exclusively available from a few select distribution
companies. DO NOT expect to get the same results from perfume-
grade aromatic oils, which is what is available at most retail
outlets.

Use your intuition and experiment to see what works best for you.
Consult reference guides to essential oils for more
recommendations.

Most people experience a dramatic reduction in their food
cravings within a short period of time after following the
preceding recommendations. Balancing and nourishing your body-
mind system for the long haul, however, is a process that will
take a bit of time to integrate as a lifestyle. Time well spent,
as the rewards are great and will affect every area of your life!

If you find yourself struggling with suggested changes or that
they are not as effective as you would like, chances are you also
need to thoroughly cleanse your body-mind system. More on this
third piece of the curb-and-conquer-your-food-cravings puzzle in
Part III.

Kelly Hayford, C.N.C., is the award-winning author of
"If It's Not Food, Don't Eat It!" As a former junk food
junkie turned nutrition and health coach she has helped
thousands reverse dis-ease, and restore their health,
energy and natural weight. For tips, talks and teleclasses
on healthy eating and holistic self-care, visit:
http://www.FoodFitnessByPhone.com or call 303.746.8970

--- END ARTICLE ---

TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
(Last Updated:  April 7, 2005)

  The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

*** Digital Reprint Rights ***

  Hyperlinks (clickable links).

  within the article.

*** Author Notification ***

  or her work. Kelly Hayford, C.N.C. can be reached at:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  for Print Permission at:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

free tool:  http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

and opinion of its author, Kelly Hayford, C.N.C.
http://www.FoodFitnessByPhone.com

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links