Free-Reprint Article Written by: Donna Price

Powerful Strategies Build Results

Article Description:
Creating a powerful work place that is focused and intent on
success is one of the biggest challenges business owners face.
What is a powerful workplace?

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Mar 24 02:55:48 EST 2006

Written By:     Donna Price

Powerful Strategies Build Results
Copyright © 2006 Donna Price
Compass Rose Consulting, LLC

Are you working in your power?

Creating a powerful work place that is focused and intent on
success is one of the biggest challenges business owners face.
What is a powerful workplace? Powerful workplaces are focused,
strategic, and intentional. Owners and staff are action oriented
in ways that move the business. They do not waste time on
activities that are not focused on the success of the company.

Well, how do you do that?  First, is to create an intentional
strategic plan that is focused on your company's success in all
areas.  It is Important to include the entire team in the
planning session.  Take time to hear what is working well, and
celebrate it.  Then spend time, hearing what isn't working so
well.  It is important to be open to this step. This isn't a time
to dwell on what's not right, just to get it out there. There is
vital information in both what works well and what doesn't work
well.  That vital information is the wisdom of those closer to
the day to day workings of the company.  Is it possible that the
greatest solutions could come from unexpected places?  Most
definitely.  Staffs on the front line see both the problem and
have ideas about the solutions.

After you have gathered this vital information look at what gets
in the way of the team's success or the company's success. Often
we have created our own road blocks. Sometimes they are in terms
of systems (that we created), often they are rules (that, we also
created), and sometimes it is in how we think individually or as
a team.  This is a hard step, because it takes deep thinking and
honest reflection.  Teams can be scared of doing this work, but
it is very important to moving the company forward.

Once you have identified how the team is in "their own way" of
success you can create a new attitude or approach to success.  We
recommend doing this in a positive statement that points to an
exciting future.

Now, you are ready to develop the strategies for moving there.
Write your strategies in the form of measurable goals.  Things
you can really count, so that you can track your success.  A goal
such as "improving the company" is too vague.  Instead write,
"increase revenue by 25%".  That is measurable. Limit your
strategic goals to ten.  This enables you and your team to stay
very focused.  If they come up with 100 find the top ten.

After goals are established you begin working with intention.
Each day staff and leaders should be working to achieve the
strategic plan. If your operations involve tasks that aren't
focused on these strategies evaluate whether outsourcing these
tasks would improve your results with the increased time to focus
on implementation. Or are there other ways you improve the focus
of the team?

Maintain implementation.  After a strategy session, everyone is
often excited and enthusiastic, but quickly the day to day
operations interrupt your focus. Schedule at least monthly
strategy review meetings.  Don't bring other agenda items to the
meeting.  These meetings are solely for reporting on the
strategies and scoring them.  Each person that has taken
responsibility for a strategic objective comes to the meeting
prepared to report on the results that have occurred.  This
reporting is in terms of numbers. The strategy was achieved at
___%, giving you a clear picture of where you are. This group
accountability is powerful.  It creates a culture of performance,
a focus on success and achievement.

By operating with focus and intention on strategy you can build
your business success week by week, month by month.

Donna Price, President of Compass Rose Consulting, LLC, works
with business leaders and owners to build their teams and
businesses to greater levels of success. Join our tele-seminar
at and receive our
free report;,

  or her work. Donna Price can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Donna Price