Free-Reprint Article Written by: Terry Sparing

What I Have Learned So Far About Earning A Living OnlineĀ…

Article Description:
In my short time on the Internet, I have learned a few key
lessons that might help you also in your quest to find the
success you seek through your Internet connection.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Mar 24 07:16:36 EST 2006

Written By:     Terry Sparing

What I Have Learned So Far About Earning A Living OnlineĀ…
Copyright Ā© 2006 Terry Sparing
Exercise Your Free Will

In my short time on the Internet, I have learned a few key
lessons that might help you also in your quest to find the
success you seek through your Internet connection.

1. Success Can Be Found In The Company You Keep...

Finding and surrounding yourself with good people, who share
common goals and a willingness to help one another, is important.
We are all learning how to be successful, each and every day. And
by working together, we can accelerate our knowledge to the
benefit of all.

2. Selling Other People's Products Is The Easiest Way To Get

When people first come online, they know that they want to make
money online, but they don't have the first idea of how they
intend to accomplish their goal.

For those who are looking to get on the fast track of making
money online, Affiliate Marketing and Network Marketing was
developed to help them to reach their goals more quickly.

Affiliate Marketing requires for you to register with an
Affiliate website to sell their products through your website or
newsletter. The Affiliate website will give you a special
Tracking URL to use in your advertising, and every time one of
your reader's visit your Affiliate Tracking URL and buy a product
or service, you will earn a commission.

Network Marketing or Multi-Level Marketing is a step up from
Affiliate Marketing. Through Network Marketing, you can take the
same approach as with Affiliate Marketing, except that you can
develop a network of like-minded individuals who are interested
in selling the same product or service as you, allowing you to
make a tiered-commission from their sales in addition to any
commissions that you can earn from your own sales.

Multiplication is the most important benefit of Network
Marketing. It allows you to multiply your earning capability with
the specific company, by multiplying the number of people who
will contribute sales to your bottom line.

3. Multiple Streams of Income The Foundation for Our Long-Term

We should "never put all of our eggs in one basket." We should
never put all of our energy into one company, product or service.

Not all products and services are created equal. Not all
compensation plans are created equal. Additionally, some
companies offer products and services that have seasonal selling

Multiple Streams of Income allow us to find a more even balance
in our income levels, year-around.

4. It Takes Money To Make Money...

It does not take a LOT of money, but it does take money. If you
are afraid to spend money on your own business, why should people
trust you enough to give you their money?

When you sign up as an Affiliate for a company or as a Network
Marketing Associate, the company you are dealing with will always
give you a special Tracking URL to refer your potential clients.

The reality is that you don't want to directly market your
Tracking URL.

Some advertisers will not allow advertising to appear if it
contains an Affiliate Tracking URL. If you use articles as I have
done to promote your business, most article directory managers
expressly forbid the use of Affiliate Tracking URL's inside the
body of the article and in the About the Author information that
follows the article.

When you advertise, you ALWAYS want to promote yourself and not
someone else. Suppose for example that two years from now you
decide that you don't want to promote a specific Affiliate
Program anymore. If you have spent all of your energy promoting
your Affiliate URL, then you will have nothing left to show for
your time and efforts. On the other hand, if you have been
promoting your own domain for the same length of time, changing
affiliate programs mid-stream will not affect your bottom line.
All of your link building will stay with you once you have made
your decision to move on to another program.

For ten or twenty dollars a year, you can register your own
domain name. For an extra five to ten dollars a month, you can
get your own web hosting account for your domain. This $70 to
$130 a year is really the only money that you HAVE to spend. All
other expenses are optional.

At the end of the day, you should only be advertising your own
domain, which can in turn redirect traffic to the Affiliate
Programs, Network Marketing Programs, products or services that
you want to recommend to others.

5. Sometimes It Makes A Lot Of Sense To Hire Out Third-Party
Service Providers...

Let's face it. All enterprise is a trade of "money for time" or
"money for products".

Some people can do a job on your behalf for a specific rate, and
that person can deliver superior results in much less time than
it would take for you to do it yourself. Pay the expert to do his
or her thing on your behalf, so that you can stay focused on the
tasks that you can do economically.

In the end, I know your finances might be tight, but some people
will be able to do things for you that you either cannot do on
your own, or you cannot do in a reasonable amount of time.

Be willing to try a new task on your own, but if you find that
you are not getting the results that you want, figure out how
much time it will take you to do it on your own, and don't be
afraid to multiply that number of hours by a minimum of $10 an
hour to figure out what an equitable trade of money for time
would be in your case.

6. Don't Forget To Tell Your Reader's What You Want Them To Do...

Many new webmasters forget to tell their visitors what they would
like for them to do. There is a reason why you have taken steps
to bring people to your website. Don't be afraid to tell your
readers what they should do and why they should do it.

It really is not enough to say, "Great new program, Click Here."
You must tell your reader how they will BENEFIT from your
recommendation. People make "buying decisions" based on what the
product or service will do for them. You need to help your reader
to make the decisions that you would like for them to make.

7. Promote Yourself Always...

Set up your own domain and promote all of your programs through
your domain. Once again, "don't put all of your eggs in one
basket." Promote your domain through various methods. In time,
you will learn that some methods generate better results than
others, and you can start to trim your promotional activities to
just a few systems, but never ever rest your laurels on one
method of promotion. Always keep your eyes to the horizon to find
other methods that will generate the kinds of results you are
looking for. Don't be afraid to try new thingsĀ… And don't forget
to measure your costs versus your results.

Your customers have diverse interests and activities. Your goal
is to get into their line of sight, so that you can attract them
to your website. A certain percentage of your visitors will
always buy what you are selling, so the secret to your success
will be to put as many eyeballs on your website as you can,
though whatever methods you can use to get them there.

8. Never Stop Learning...

Having the knowledge to run a successful offline business does
not necessarily translate into having the knowledge to run a
successful online business. There is a lot to learn, and the best
way to keep up and to succeed is to make the effort to learn as
much as you can as often as you can.

You never know exactly where you will find your next gem of
information that will help take you to the next level. The next
article you read might be the one to give you the idea that will
make you a millionaire.

Keep on reading, and never stop learning.

My name is Terry Sparing. I work with a team of people who
believe in helping others to develop their own successful online
businesses. If you would like a coach and a mentor to help you to
realize your own financial dreams, then please visit my website for more information.
"Success Can Be Found In The Company You Keep."

  or her work. Terry Sparing can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Terry Sparing