Free-Reprint Article Written by: Julie Plenty

The Alternative Guide To Time Management

Article Description:
The Law of Attraction means using our emotions and feelings as
our guidance systems.  In doing so we are guided into what is the
best use of our time and effective time management.

Distribution Date and Time: Tue Mar 28 05:41:57 EST 2006

Written By:     Julie Plenty

The Alternative Guide To Time Management
Copyright © 2006 Julie Plenty
Using The Law of Attraction

The Law of Attraction means using our emotions and feelings as
our guidance systems.  In doing so we are guided into what is the
best use of our time and effective time management.

I was attracted to the Law of Attraction as a framework and
concept because it offered an easier way for me to bring into my
life what I wanted and I spent less time and energy doing so.  I
began to re-evaluate my whole idea of time management and the
benefits of time management.  And it got reduced to something
very simple.

When I created time to just be, I had more time for other

What does that mean?

Once I took time off of the treadmill to relax and just enjoy the
present moment, without my mind fastforwarding to the future,
ideas and solutions to problems begun to rise to the surface.  A
natural sifting process took place as priorities began to rise to
the surface (and they were not the ones I thought they were!)

I realised the areas in which I was truly wasting time (watching
TV mindlessly;  being with people who were draining me, doing
things that I didn't want to do but felt that I had to do) and
when I wasn't.

Using my emotions as my guidance system, I also realised that I
felt energised when doing stuff that made my heart sing and
sluggish when I was wasting time.  I began letting go of
activities where I was wasting time and energy (and the two for
me are now the same)

I began to look at my energy and see where it was leaking out and
diminishing me and my ability to be joyous, creative and
productive.  As I went through that process I started to create
more time.

I used to get back from work and barely make myself something to
eat because I was too tired and had no "time".  Until my brother
suggested that it wasn't healthy. Normally I'd be quite
dismissive of such suggestions, but something resonated in me.

I asked myself what were the benefits of doing so.  And the
answer came that preparing a meal and cooking could be act as a
winding down process after getting in from work.  As I changed my
view of this, I began to look forward to making myself and eating
a healthy meal.  As I did so I seemed to have just as much if not
more time.

In fact I bring the same approach to all domestic "chores" and
find that when I take the time to do them mindfully then it
relaxes my body and mind and they get done much more quickly.

It's a paradox, but the best way to have more time is to give
yourself more time to be, ponder and relax because it then
becomes really clear what is actually important to you.  Whole
swathes of activity and "stuff" can be let go of once you realise
what your priorities truly are.

Make time for yourself and time will make way for you.

Julie Plenty

Julie Plenty helps creative professionals achieve their goals
using the Law of Attraction and authentic and inspired goal
setting. She is currently developing the Emotional Freedom
Technique (EFT) to help actors and those in the performing arts
improve their audition skills and modify fear of rejection.

  or her work. Julie Plenty can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Julie Plenty