Free-Reprint Article Written by: Geela

Mothers - The True Unsung Heroes In Our Lives

While growing up, my mom's way of helping me recognize and
respect the value of motherhood was to say that since God could
not be everywhere at the same time, He invented moms.  Naturally,
it was an honorable job that demanded a mix of great respect and
fear.  After all, everyone knew about the severe consequences for
disobeying God or His chosen right hand, mom.

Distribution Date and Time: Tue Mar 28 07:58:19 EST 2006

Written By:     Geela
Copyright:      2004-2006

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/g/moms-true-unsung-heroes.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Geela

Mothers - The True Unsung Heroes In Our Lives
Copyright © 2004-2006 Geela
Author of "The American Dream"
http://www.Geela.com

Quote of The Day: "Be grateful to all of your teachers and anyone
who took interest in you, particularly your family, for their
knowledge and love contributed to your journey."

While growing up, my mom's way of helping me recognize and
respect the value of motherhood was to say that since God could
not be everywhere at the same time, He invented moms.  Naturally,
it was an honorable job that demanded a mix of great respect and
fear.  After all, everyone knew about the severe consequences for
disobeying God or His chosen right hand, mom.

However, life, which has a way of teaching us humility and wisdom
through experiences both good and bad, helped me gain a true
sense of appreciation for what many consider to be the toughest
job in the world (i.e. being a mom).  After all, what other jobs
are as challenging, demanding and require one to be a Jack-of-
all-trades, on call twenty four hours a day, every day for a
lifetime, without even getting paid for it either?   What other
job can make your heart feel like being outside your body when
you worry about your most precious commodity, your child? And
what other job can be as rewarding too?  And what other job comes
with a lifetime-devotion? Yet knowingly or unknowingly we either
don't notice mom's many contributions to our lives or we simply
take them for granted.

Celebrating one day of recognition and love is actually a great
opportunity to heal relationships with our moms by helping us
shift our focus to what's really important in life - family.  But
being a mom is so much more than just a "job."  Being a mom is a
destiny from the time of conception of the child and for their
lifetime.  It's also divine.  Just look at animals and the
special relationship and bond shared between a mother and her
offspring and you'll discover that there is nothing like it.

When I think of moms, I'm reminded of the hit TV series "Touched
By An Angel."   That's because good moms are angels in disguise
who give new meaning to the expression "labor of love."  It's
this love and dedication that needs to be recognized and honored,
and not just on special occasions.

As a parent myself, I know that the ultimate reward is never
material but spiritual – therefore there is no need for
extravagant gifts (especially when it's done out of a sense of
obligation and with strings attached), or a big production just
to express the most basic and natural sentiment of love and
sincere gratitude.  After all, it's the intention that counts!

So go ahead and give your mom the most powerful, memorable and
life-affirming gift of all.  Best of all it's free, and good for
the soul too. Give her the gift of love.  Make her feel special
and honored through kind words and deeds.  Simply put, a mom
deserves to be recognized and appreciated (and not just on
Mother's Day) for her contribution of blood, sweat and tears in
transforming our lives.  Give sincere gratitude to your mom
(every day) for the simple reason that she is truly a home
goddess and the unsung hero in our lives.

Copyright © 2004-2006, Geela
Author of "The American Dream"
http://www.Geela.com

Geela is an award winning singer/songwriter/composer and author
of the best-selling book "THE AMERICAN DREAM," her true- life
story of how she came to America as a young immigrant with
nothing and overcame incredible obstacles to achieve
mega-success. She founded ONE SPIRIT, ONE WORLD to help children
and promote a culture of peace and harmony. Get a free sample of
her music and her book at http://www.Geela.com

  or her work. Geela can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Geela
http://www.Geela.com