Free-Reprint Article Written by: Deborah Brown-Volkman

>From "Just A Job" To Your Dream Career

Are you in a career you love, or in a job you are tolerating?
What's the difference? If you're working strictly to earn a
paycheck to pay the bills, you have a job. If your days are
filled with passion and delight for the work you do, you have
a dream career.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Mar 31 03:26:06 EST 2006

Written By:     Deborah Brown-Volkman

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/b/just-a-job-to-dream-career.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Deborah_Brown-Volkman

>From "Just A Job" To Your Dream Career
Copyright © 2006 Deborah Brown-Volkman
Surpass Your Dreams, Inc.
http://www.surpassyourdreams.com

Are you in a career you love, or in a job you are tolerating?

What's the difference? If you're working strictly to earn a
paycheck to pay the bills, you have a job. If your days are
filled with passion and delight for the work you do, you have
a dream career.

So how is your career going? Is it filled with dreams or
nightmares?

We all have responsibilities. Bills to pay and futures to save
for.  Going to work is reality. So why not shoot for the stars?
Why not have a goal to make a great salary while doing work you
love?

Impossible? Guess what? It won't happen until you decide that it
will happen. When you tackle new challenges in your career, the
beginning is the hardest. Once you jump in, your goals take
shape, and they begin to seem realer and easier to achieve.

Here is how some of my clients described their dream careers when
they were at the beginning of their shift from job to career:

"My dream career would be focusing on the areas where I can find
fulfillment and can make a difference in the lives of others. It
has to be creative." Linda May

"My dream career would be working at something I'd do if no one
paid me to do it." Dale Alvaraz

"It has to get me excited. So excited that I would rather work
than watch TV or do something else. Another indicator is when I
can wake up early without an alarm clock and I am looking forward
to the day." Alex So

So How To Do Make The Shift From "Just A Job" To Your Dream
Career? Follow These Four Steps Below:

1. Recognize That You Want More

Do you know in your heart that you want a career that gives you
meaning, purpose, and satisfaction? Listen to your inner voice,
because what it is saying to you will not go away until you act.
When you get to a point in your career when you know it is not
working anymore, it's important that you do something about it.

2. Get Ready Mentally To Have More

Write down what your dream career is. If you do not know, write
down what it's not. When you know what you don't want, the flip
side is what you do want. Look at this piece of paper everyday.
Review it in the morning. Look at it during lunch. Go over your
words before you go to sleep. This process will help your
thoughts sink in and become a part of your subconscious.

What keeps many of my clients from saying "I can achieve my dream
career" is fear. Fear is normal. There's always fear when we take
on new goals. But ask yourself which fear is harder to be with:
the fear of knowing that you did not give your career its best
shot, or a fear of failing?

3. Get Into Action To Have More

Nothing happens until someone does something. And, if you want a
dream career, you have to get moving. Act. One action leads to
another, which leads to another. This is how goals are reached.
Bit by bit. Piece by piece.

When you work on your dream career, a little bit each day, your
wish will be granted. Consistency is key. Most of us do not
believe that we have hours each day to work on our career, but
the truth is we do.  How about working on your career 1/2 hour in
the morning, 15 minutes at lunch, 1/2 hour before you leave the
office at night, or an hour after dinner? Breaking your dream
career into small achievable pieces will make a tremendous
difference. You will be surprised and amazed at how much progress
you will make.

4. Recognize That Anything Worthwhile Takes Time

All goals take time. And, the time they take to become real
usually takes longer than we'd like. Know that this is part of
the process.

Keep moving no matter what, even if you do not feel like. Trust
that you are on the right path. Your dream career will happen,
because you want it to happen. The effort you put in will be
worth it, because the end result will be a career you can proud
of.

So, what do you say? You only have one life to live, so it
might as well be a life you love!

Deborah Brown-Volkman is the President of Surpass Your Dreams,
Inc. a successful career and mentor coaching company that has
been delivering a message of motivation, success, and personal
fulfillment since 1998. We work with Senior Executives, Vice
Presidents, and Managers who are out of work or overworked.
Deborah is also the creator of the Career Escape Program(tm) and
author of Coach Yourself To A New Career: A Book To Discover Your
Ultimate Profession. Deborah Brown-Volkman can be reached at:
http://www.surpassyourdreams.com
http://www.career-escape-program.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED], or at (631) 874-2877.

  or her work. Deborah Brown-Volkman can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Deborah Brown-Volkman
http://www.surpassyourdreams.com