Wanted Profits
Author: Judy Cullins
Copyright 2006.  All Rights Reserved.

www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles/article-217.shtml
Article Autoresponder: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author Contact Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Category: Writing / Publishing

vocabulary yet. Perhaps you need a review of what makes your
book or business "Over-the-Top" successful and what doesn't.

book writing, self-published book, book publishing,
bookcoach, epublishing, titles sell books, how to write a
book, publicize and promote your book, market your book
online, ebook promotion, book selling, book profits, free
promotion, information products, writing ebook, epublishing

Words: 1277

Thanks,
Judy Cullins, M.A.

P.S. For 200+ free articles by Judy Cullins, book and
internet marketing coach, go to
http://bookcoaching.com/freearticles.shtml
===================

Top 10 Reasons Your Book or Service Doesn't Bring Wanted
Profits

1. You don't specifically define what the profits will do
for you.

Does it mean taking a month's vacation each year, buying a
home, paying your child's college tuition? Be sure you know
what your money target is and what it will do for you before
you chase it. It's all important to have a goal beyond just
the money.

2. You shotgun your promotion efforts and don't focus on one
or two products or service.

So many times I hear colleagues adding another book, CD, or
other product to their offerings. Just remember, you can
only market one thing at a time. Making too many offers
confuses your would-be buyer. In my new web site, I've
reduced the number of books offered to include only the top
five instead of 11.

3. You set goals far too unreachable in the time allotted.

While it's great to set goals, make sure you will move
forward to the finish line. Stretch, but define your goal in
reasonable terms so you believe you can reach it. Like a
huge weight loss in six months, it doesn't make sense to
say, "I'll make a million $ with this project." When you
take a step and succeed at it, you'll feel confident you can
keep succeeding.

4. You think your project to death.

So many of us plan and plan, but don't act enough. Think my
favorite maxim, "Get ready, Fire, Aim!" Once you start, you
may make mistakes, but feedback from your peers will help
you grow much faster than you would in a vacuum. For me,
"check and correct" means to put it out now, then adjust
what's needed to make the copy or offer much stronger.
Often, the best way to kick start you is to copycat another
successful person, then tweak to suit your specific talents.

5.  You don't think your project is urgent and must be
finished now.

So many clients get discouraged because they want their book
to be easy and fast. That's good, but to get to easy and
fast, you need to learn what selling points make your book a
winner inside as well as promotion campaigns that showcase
your book's benefits and best parts. What may look like an
obstacle can help you develop strength and skills. You must
focus all your intent, your direction and your attention
toward you goal. Always expect the best, but make no
expectations. Even if you fall into limiting emotions,
acknowledge them, know yourself more, and keep moving
forward. Make your book or service sales letter a must now.
It will happen. Remember the motto, "Feel the fear, but do
it anyway!"

6.   Make your plan realistic.

So many times clients say they want their book finished
yesterday. If you do want to finish a project fast, realize
you'll have to put full time effort on it. That doesn't mean
a few hours a week. Since most small business people already
work 30-40 hours, they need to know they'll need to get up
early several days a week or work into the midnight hours.
Your coach recommends you put aside at least 20 hours a week
to devote to your new project. When you put attention on
your goal, its finish line will appear much sooner. You can
always check with a successful business person to get their
take on realistic.

7. You don't follow through with actions. Distractions
reign.

Follow this $25,000 key to finishing your important
projects.

One.  Do the most important thing first. In your planner,
put the top three High Level Activities (HLA) down for each
day of the week.  For example, 1. Write Chapter Two middle
of how tos, tips, and stories. 2. Visualize project
completed and describe what you hear, feel and see now
that's it's done. 3. Contact resources to help get your
project done the right way.

Two. Finish # 1 before you look at other projects. This is
the key because we get easily distracted by the phone, piles
on our desks, or family members. We really can only work on
one thing at a time, although we kid ourselves about the
benefits of multi-tasking.

Three. Write down in your organizer the three High Level
Activities the night before. When you write, you commit
more, and this message goes straight to your unconscious
mind. There, you'll notice the job is half done when you
awake.  Many people wait for coffee, then write down the to
dos. This slows your start and you'll notice it's much
harder to stay on the important tasks first.

8. You don't treat your book as a business. Or, you don't
treat your business as a business.

It's one thing to write your memoir for you family. You
don't expect to market it. It's another to write a self-help
book that makes you the savvy expert, brands your  business,
and attracts many new clients or customers. For your best
audience who you can help to a better life, get testimonials
from to buoy up your web sales letter, and get all the
clients you want, you must first write a marketing plan.
Writing is only the first step. After this, you need to
follow up with actions each day of the week. For myself,
three high levels activities do just the right amount for
the income I need to take two months vacation a year, get a
new car, and feng shui my beautiful home in San Diego.

9. You ask for approval and feedback from family members.

Remember, they are not your audience. So, don't ask for
feedback from them. They will be too easy and not notice
glitches, or they will criticize you because they don't know
your topic or agree with your philosophy.  These attitudes
pull you down when you are just starting out. Instead, ask
for feedback from a professional coach for book writing,
publishing, and business promotion. Quality coaching comes
from someone who has been successful and knows the ins and
outs of the business. What we got in school, even college,
did not show us how to write effective copy. Read a book on
how to write a book. That's the first and least expensive
way to learn how to make your efforts sell well. Take a
teleclass that specifically shows you what to do first,
second and last. Your thoughts are not enough.

10. You give up when your project needs changes.

Most new authors just write their book, even edit it a few
times and pronounce it's done. Maybe done, but not finished.
Always get a professional feedback in addition to editing.
An editor can make your sentences good, but what about flow,
order, getting your readers to keep motivated to finish all
chapters? Without your audience finishing your book or web
site sales letter, you miss the 24/7 sales team that spreads
the word about your great book. You miss any great
testimonials you could get, just for the asking. Think of
challenges as a chance to grow your project to a higher
level. After you overcome it, you'll discover the amazing
fruit that feedback gives.

How many of these reasons can you identify with? When you
pay attention to them and correct them before you send you
book or other writing project out, you'll attract more
buyers than you ever dreamed of!

===end of article

===============
Judy Cullins, 20-year Book and Internet Marketing Coach
works with small business people who want to make a
difference in people's lives, build their credibility and
clients, and make a consistent life-long income. Judy is
author of 10 eBooks including Write your eBook or Other
Short Book Fast, Ten Non-Techie Ways to Market Your Book
Online, The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Your Targeted Web
Traffic, and Power Writing for Web Sites That Sell. She
offers free help through her 2 monthly ezines, "The
BookCoach Says...," "Business Tip of the Month," at
www.bookcoaching.com and over 200 free articles.
===============Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: 619/466-0622 -- Questions and Orders: 866/200-9743

To Opt Out of this list, please put "remove" in subject line
or go to http://bookcoaching.com/opt-out.shtml