Free-Reprint Article Written by: Steve Slaunwhite, MBA

6 Reasons Why Case Studies Are A Terrific Market For Freelance Writers

I remember the first time a client offered me a case study
writing assignment. I was petrified. Of course, these days,
I know more. A lot more. In fact, I write dozens of case
studies for clients each year.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Apr  7 01:04:56 EDT 2006

Written By:     Steve Slaunwhite, MBA

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/s/freelance-writers-and-case-studies.shtml

http://www.forcopywritersonly.com/articlearchive.html

6 Reasons Why Case Studies Are A Terrific Market For Freelance Writers
Copyright © 2006 Steve Slaunwhite, MBA
For Copywriters Only
http://www.forcopywritersonly.com

I remember the first time a client offered me a case study
writing assignment.

I was petrified.

It was early in my freelance writing career and I didn't even
know what one looked like. I had a lot of questions. "What the
heck is a case study?" "How long is it?" "What is the format?"
"How much do I charge?"

I didn't have a clue.

Of course, these days, I know more. A lot more. In fact, I write
dozens of case studies for clients each year.

Case studies now rank high on my list of the most fascinating -
and lucrative - projects I handle. (I'm sure glad that client
offered me the job all those years ago!)

If you're unfamiliar with case studies, don't worry. They're
really quite simple. A case study is just a fancy name for a
success story - the tale of a happy customer and his or her
experience using a product or service.

Lately, I've noticed that more and more companies need case
studies written, yet have difficulties finding writers who
can do the job.

That spells OPPORTUNITY for you and me.

And it gets better. Consider the following:

1. Case studies are not difficult to write.

They are similar in style and format to a newsletter article.
So if you can write one of those, you can write a case study.

2. Case studies are relatively short

Usually about 400-800 words in length. Once you've gained a
little experience, you'll be able to knock one off in less
than a day.

3. The formats are standardized

Unlike ads and direct mail, you won't get stressed out by having
to come up with a dazzling new concept or killer headline. The
basic structure of a case study is remarkably simple. All that's
required of you is to get the facts and write a good piece.

4. Case study writers are in demand

More companies are scrambling to get case studies written today
than ever before. I can't give you an exact figure but, in my
opinion, the demand for case study writers has increased
significantly over the past couple of years.

5. There is little competition

I'm not sure why, but few copywriters go after this market. Some
may not know it exists. Others may mistakenly think that case
studies are dull or technical. Not true! Case study writing is
storytelling. It's fun.

6. Case studies pay well

Surprisingly well. Now you won't get the superstar rates paid
to big-league direct mail copywriters. But most clients do pay
handsomely for case study writing. Earning $100 per hour is not
an unreasonable expectation for an experienced writer. I know
many who earn a lot more.

Right now the case study market is booming. Why not jump in and
get your share of these fascinating and lucrative writing gigs?

  or her work. Steve Slaunwhite, MBA can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Steve Slaunwhite, MBA
http://www.forcopywritersonly.com