Free-Reprint Article Written by: Kathy Castillo

Antioxidants and Calcium: The One-Two Punch for Aging

Article Description:
Did you know that what we eat can determine how fast we age?
Good nutrition is more than simply the foods we eat. It is
also how we eat.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Apr  7 05:46:50 EDT 2006

Written By:     Kathy Castillo
Copyright:      2006, AdPro Media Sales, All Rights Reserved

Antioxidants and Calcium: The One-Two Punch for Aging
Copyright © 2006, AdPro Media Sales Kathy Castillo, All Rights Reserved

Did you know that what we eat can determine how fast we age?
Good nutrition is more than simply the foods we eat. It is
also how we eat.  Foods and beverages that contain the right
nutrients will not only satisfy your appetite, they will
also help your body fight off various diseases and help you
look and feel younger and healthier.

If you eat the right foods with the right nutrients and in
the right portions, you can actually rewind the aging
process. Eating the right nutrients will also keep you from
feeling sick and looking bad. Yoga can also increase blood
flow to the brain and other parts of the body and help you
look and feel younger.

Foods that are high in antioxidants prevent cellular damage.
These foods include nuts, almonds, broccoli and other dark
green vegetables, berries, citrus, carrots, peppers and
tomatoes.  Cellular damage is one reason the skin wrinkles
and makes the body look older. The older you get, the more
antioxidants you should eat.

Many researchers claim that elderly people, especially those
who have reduced their food intake, use aspirin frequently,
drink heavily, smoke, and who have impaired immune systems
may benefit from taking antioxidant supplements daily. In
terms of heart disease and stroke, it is possible that
higher levels of antioxidants slow or prevent the
development of arterial blockages, a complicated process
involving the oxidation of cholesterol. Moreover,
antioxidants may deter the collection of plaque on arterial

The body also needs calcium every day. It is needed in every
organ of the body, including the brain.  Calcium not only
helps you to have strong, healthy teeth and bones, it also
helps prevent cancer and insures muscles and nerves are
functioning properly. It also helps blood clot. Calcium is
valuable for tone, power, strength, longevity, vitality,
endurance, healing, and for counteracting acids. Calcium
also helps regulate metabolism.

A body lacking calcium will begin to age faster and begin to
get sick. It will simply look older.

As you age, the immune system is challenged and you become
more susceptible to illnesses and diseases. It is important
to always maintain a healthy immune system to minimize your
risk of contracting a disease or illness. Therefore, it is
very important to boost your immune system so that you will
have a lower risk of getting diseases and illness,
especially as you get older.

Immunitril(tm) is filled with some of the best reported
immune system boosters and nutrient enhancers such as
Echinacea, Astragalus, Golden Seal and others. This product
is worth looking into because it can help slow the aging
process and decrease your risk of contracting diseases.
Supplements such as I Immunitril(tm) are available at or .

Kathy Castillo is a health and fitness enthusiast and
advocate. She writes on a regular basis on timeless
health and fitness tips at the Fit After Forty Blog.
See more useful health and fitness news and tips at:
Copyright 2006 AdPro Media Sales, All Rights Reserved
courtesy Kamau Austin.

This Article must be published with a disclaimer as such...
This article is for general information purposes only. Before
under taking any exercise or treatment program always first
check first with your doctor and health professionals.

  or her work. Kathy Castillo can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Kathy Castillo