Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

Article Directory Managers Take Stand Against Private Label Content

Article Description:
Article directory managers are almost universally banning the
submission of rebrandable articles or private label content.
People who submit this content are getting permanently banned
from directories on account of it. Many have been duped into
believing that they bought the exclusive use of the article,

Distribution Date and Time: Wed Apr 12 00:24:34 EDT 2006

Written By:     Bill Platt

Bill Platt's Picture URL:

Article Directory Managers Take Stand Against Private Label Content
Copyright © 2006 Bill Platt
the Phantom Writers

Every now and again, people come to my site and complain about
the high price of ghostwriting. Then they run off to Elance to
hire a writer for $5, $10 or $15 an article.

Sometimes they try to stand me down and push my prices down to
that of another ghost writer. I don't play along. My ghostwriting
prices are as low as they are going to go.

I understand that a business person must try to keep their costs
down, but there is another side to this.

Writers are skilled professionals. Other skilled professionals
such as plumbers, electricians, etc. are paid a minimum of $55 an
HOUR for their time. They charge $55 just to knock on your front
door, then they charge $55 an hour after the first hour.

You pay it because you have to get the work done... Either that
or you have to do it yourself.

A well-written article can take anywhere from one hour to two
hours to write. Depending on the topic and the necessity for
research on the topic, a well-written article on some topics
will require 3-4 hours to research and write.

Good writers know their worth. I know of a professional
copywriter who writes only sales materials. He knows his worth
and he charges accordingly. Through him, a five-page sales letter
will cost a cool 10 grand. And, he is worth every penny he
charges for his services. His sales copy produces lots of sales.

With the constant pressure to push our prices down, some writers
have decided to take the work that has been offered to them.
After all, they have bills to pay and families to feed.

Now, they write articles for $5, $10 and $15 an article. But,
when they compromised their prices, they also made a compromise
with their integrity. They still believe that they should be paid
$100 or $150 for an article, so what they have done is to take
the jobs at a lower rate to get some income, then they turn
around and sell that same article to ten or twenty people.

Their justification is simple. "The person who bought this from
me screwed me, so I will screw him back."

Once the first person has pushed the writer to compromise his or
her integrity, there is no going back. It is all about the money
now. The writer is going to make his or her money one way or
another. And the market has forced them to do it in a way that
they may not like to do.

It is a mindset. If you pay a writer what he or she thinks they
are worth, then they will not feel inclined to screw you over.

If you treat them right, they will treat you right.

All of us are skilled at something. Do you bring your best skill
to the table and then accept being paid peanuts for your skill?

Yeah. And you expect others to behave differently?

Instead of telling your writer what you are willing to pay, ask
your writer how much they need from you in order to GUARANTEE
that they will not sell your material to anyone else. Then pay
your writer what he or she asks from you.

To do otherwise is inviting trouble.

EzineArticles and Isnare are not the only article directories
putting the brakes on duplicate content, offered by several
"writers". Directory managers everywhere are putting the brakes
on this practice.

What it is coming to is if you do not pay the fee required to
Guarantee exclusive content, then you are flushing your dollar
bills down the toilet. People are going to know that you are
using non-exclusive articles and they will penalize you for doing

Here you are, you are trying to pass off content as materials
that you wrote youself, and everyone knows that you did not. If
you wrote it yourself, how come others are saying they wrote the
same content themselves? You couldn't both have written it!

thePhantomWriters guarantees that they will not sell your
articles to anyone else. does the same.

We still have our integrity, and we do not discount our prices
to match other ghost writers. We know our worth, and you should

Bill Platt is the owner of
Bill specializes in the distribution of reprint articles for the
promotion of his client's business websites. Articles distributed
by Bill reach tens of thousands of publishers and webmasters.
While most of his clients write their own articles, some of them
engage Bill and his ghost writers to create Exclusive Content for
their own promotional use. All ghost-written articles purchased
from are GUARANTEED to be sold ONLY to
the client who has purchased it. In business since 2001.

  or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Bill Platt