Free-Reprint Article Written by: Julie Lohmeier

4 Simple Ideas for Spring and Easter Decorating

Article Description:
I'll admit that I'm not one to decorate for holidays with
plastic clings on the windows or lots of porcelain replicas
of a season's icons.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Apr 14 15:29:46 EDT 2006

Written By:     Julie Lohmeier

4 Simple Ideas for Spring and Easter Decorating
Copyright © 2006 Julie Lohmeier
My Home Redux

I'll admit that I'm not one to decorate for holidays with plastic
clings on the windows or lots of porcelain replicas of a
season's icons.  So when it comes to decorating for Easter,
bunnies are not quite my thing. I want a look that's a bit more
upscale or natural.  If you're like minded and want to decorate
for spring without turning your house into a bunny hutch, then
try these four simple ideas.

1) Flowers. Nothing says spring like flowers. Buy them at the
store or simply cut them from your own flowering shrubs and
trees. Snip a few tulips and daffodils.  Use flowers as
centerpieces, on the countertop in an old porcelain pitcher,
in a vase in the bathroom or on an occasional table. Flowers
are a simple way to bring the beauty of the outdoors in.

2) Eggs. If you want something evocative of the season without
being too cutesy, try eggs. Porcelain. Ceramic. Wood. You can
find decorated or embellished eggs in a variety of materials at
craft and department stores.  If you're ambitious, buy some
wooden ones to paint and decorate yourself.  Put them in a large
bowl or snifter. Scatter across a mantle or table. Add to wreaths
or flower sprays. Tuck into shelves, drapes, window sills and
ledges, anywhere you want to add a bit of spring color.

3) Open the windows and drapes. Let the fresh smells and soft
pastel colors of spring into your rooms for a touch of color and
light.  Spring sun is still softer and less direct than harsh
summer sunlight so it provides a warm glow.  Let Mother Nature
add interest to your rooms. And besides ... it's free.

4) Change your accents to spring colors. Give your décor the
feeling of spring by changing your accent pieces to light spring
colors. Put out candles in shades of violet, yellow, pink, and
green. Change bathroom towels to lighter coordinating shades. Use
different throws and pillows to add a springtime feel to your
furniture.  These items will lighten up your house without
overwhelming it.

With a few simple ideas, you can chase the winter doldrums out
of your house and replace it with spring freshness.

Julie Lohmeier is the veteran of numerous home remodeling and
building projects.  From working hands on and doing much of the
work herself to hiring contractors and construction managers,
she has seen the entire spectrum of home improvement.  She
shares her remodeling tips, home decorating ideas, and other
various rants at  Sign up for her
free email newsletter at:

Copyright © 2006, Julie Lohmeier,

  or her work. Julie Lohmeier can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Julie Lohmeier