publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and links
are made active if possible.  Please do not make changes without permission.
A courtesy copy of the publication this article is included in would be
appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Organizing Magazine Information
by Monica Resinger of Homemaker's Journal

I've always enjoyed home and garden magazines. So much so that they quickly
began to pile up. Soon I realized I couldn't keep each and every magazine
because my house just doesn’t have that kind of space. Keeping every magazine
wasn't doing me any good anyway; I couldn't find specific information when I

So what I decided to do was to keep only the articles, pictures, recipes or
other information that I was interested in. Each time I read through a
magazine, I'd clip anything that I thought I might like to look at later.

Information I kept was pictures of decorated rooms, craft instructions,
garden designs, information about specific plants and more. Sometimes I would
a note right on the clipping what I liked about the information so later when
I looked at it I would know why I clipped it. For example, on a picture of a
decorated room, I'd make a note that it was the color combination I liked about
it. If it was an article, I'd highlight the information that interested me
and so on.

So what do I do with my clippings? First of all, I set them in a wicker
sewing basket until I get time to work on them later. Then when I am in the
mood, I
get the sewing basket, scotch tape, scissors, pen, highlighter and my cheap
notebooks (the spiral bound 70 page notebooks that you can find on sale from
.19 cents to .99 cents depending on how good the sale is). I started out with
about 10 of them. Once I have all my items together on a nice big work surface
like the kitchen table, I begin. First thing I do is sort the clipped
information into related piles. All the bedroom decorating information in one
pile, the
craft patterns in another and so on. You can sort yours any way you like. You
may want to break down a category such as crafts if you have a lot of

After sorting, you can see what categories you'll need. At this point, you
can label each one of your notebooks with one of the categories.

Next comes the fun part -- putting your scrapbooks together. Trim any rough
edges and tape the clipping to one of the pages in your notebook. Simple as
that, and fun to see the items grouping together knowing you'll have the
information at your fingertips. Now I'm sure you could use different materials
this such as scrapbooking materials, but this is a cheap and easy way. My mom
makes her own binded construction paper books and her categories are different
than mine. She loves pictures of horses and angels so has books for those. The
possibilities for this are endless and only limited to your imagination.

It is so handy to have these books when it comes time to start a project. If
you've been collecting information for quite a while then start a project on
that category, that information becomes very valuable. They are also fun to
take a look at every now and then.

Get your home in order with the help of the Get your Home in Order e-book
package that includes the following 6 e-books:  Chore Schedules, Bathroom
Cleaning Guide, Homemade Household Cleaners, Storage Solutions, Guidebook for
and Staying Organized and Kitchen Organization Tips.  Click here for details:
Get Monica's FREE weekly e-zine for homemakers!  To subscribe, just send a
blank e-mail to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]