Free-Reprint Article Written by: Frank Rumbauskas

Cold Calling - Top 5 Reasons to Avoid It

Cold calling, once the only method of sales prospecting, no
longer works in today's world.  Here are the top five reasons
to avoid it:

Distribution Date and Time: Wed Apr 19 05:23:02 EDT 2006

Written By:     Frank Rumbauskas

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/r/5-reasons-to-avoid-cold-calling.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Frank_Rumbauskas

Cold Calling - Top 5 Reasons to Avoid It
Copyright © 2006 Frank Rumbauskas
FJR Advisors LLC
http://www.nevercoldcall.com/

Cold calling, once the only method of sales prospecting, no
longer works in today's world.  Here are the top five reasons
to avoid it:

1. Cold calling makes you look desperate.

We all know that people want to do business with those who
are successful; however, cold calling makes you look totally
unsuccessful!  Prospects think if you're cold calling, you must
have nothing else going on, and they should avoid doing business
with you.

2. Cold calling makes timing work against you.

How can you know if someone is ready to buy when you call them at
random?  You don't!  If you get leads from cold calling, there's
a good chance they're looking to buy next year, not now.  And
most people you call at random will never buy, ever.

3. Cold calling limits your sales production by time.

Leverage is very important, and is missing from cold calling.  In
other words, you can make only one call at a time or knock on one
door at a time.  There is no leveraged system working on your
behalf, and as a result, even if you get leads from cold calling,
there are only so many hours in the day to do it.

4. Cold calling is the leading cause of salesperson turnover and
lack of morale.

Endless surveys show that the requirement to make cold calls is
the number one reason why sales people quit, and the lack of cold
calling is the number one reason why salespeople stay.  Cold
calling is very demoralizing and has a very negative impact on
sales performance.

5. Cold calling fails to get qualified leads and generates
unqualified leads.

Managers tend to measure the results of cold calling by the
number of appointments set; however, appointments gained through
cold calling have the lowest close rate of all.  People who
respond to cold calls generally aren't the busy, successful
people we want and need to meet with.

Frank J. Rumbauskas Jr. is the author of Cold Calling
Is A Waste Of Time: Sales Success In The Information
Age and Never Cold Call Again: Achieve Sales Greatness
Without Cold Calling.  For more information please
visit: http://www.nevercoldcall.com

  or her work. Frank Rumbauskas can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Frank Rumbauskas
http://www.nevercoldcall.com/