Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Lampton Ph.D.

Customer Service At Its Best

Because we experience so much customer service that annoys us,
and even insults us, finding someone who truly cares about
customers lifts our spirits.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri Apr 21 08:25:34 EDT 2006

Written By:     Bill Lampton Ph.D.

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/l/customer-service-at-its-best.shtml

Bill Lampton Ph.D.'s Picture URL:
   http://www.thephantomwriters.com/client-img/wlampton2006.jpg

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Bill_Lampton_Ph.D.

Customer Service At Its Best
Copyright © 2006 Bill Lampton Ph.D.
Championship Communication
http://www.championshipcommunication.com/

Because we experience so much customer service that annoys us,
and even insults us, finding someone who truly cares about
customers lifts our spirits.  Recently, I visited a company
president who says this to his customers: "Your complete and
total satisfaction is our goal. We strive to exceed your
expectations in every way possible."

I'm referring to Jeff Greene, President/CEO of Greene Classic
Limousines in Atlanta, Georgia. Jeff started his professional
life as an Atlanta policeman.  Holding a second job as a security
officer in a nightclub, he felt attracted to the beautiful
limousines that transported the club's guests. Jeff put that
interest into action, forming his company in 1988.

GAINING NATIONAL RECOGNITION

Just fifteen years later, Limousine and Chauffeured
Transportation Magazine named Jeff's company "Best Limousine
Service in America--2003."  Not only that -- Jeff Greene serves
as President of the National Limousine Association. Also, he
serves as vice president of the association's state organization.
This year he will speak to NLA chapters in twenty-four cities.

GCL'S CUSTOMER CARE PRINCIPLES

What customer care principles has Jeff put in place, to make such
national acclaim possible? Consider these:

Greene Classic Limousines (GCL) does not hire people. Rather, the
company selects employees, very carefully. In fact, those who
want to become chauffeurs must meet the highest standards of
appearance, driving skills, personality, occupational stability
and good citizenship.

GCL requires chauffeurs to attend a full week of training, at
their own expense. The training teaches them courtesy, prepares
them for emergencies, improves their familiarity with the city's
major landmarks and transportation routes, and administers
driving tests. Jeff makes appearances in every training class.

GCL evaluates new chauffeurs at the end of their first thirty
days, with individual assessment to see who might need
retraining.

GCL demands a drug-free workplace. Monthly random drug testing
keeps all employees free from habits that could offend and
endanger passengers.

GCL assures safety and cleanliness, with every vehicle tested and
cleaned prior to leaving the premises. GCL has its own Ford-
certified mechanics.

GCL trains dispatchers who handle an average of 150 "runs" daily,
around the clock seven days a week. As I observed the
sophisticated dispatch system, I understood why GCL's vehicles
arrive on time-even keeping track of flight schedules at
Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

Jeff mentioned that teens who hire GCL for proms might be in for
a surprise. His company empties the vehicle of alcohol, serving
soft drinks only.  GCL honors the laws and, as in every other
instance, covets the safety of its passengers.

DEFINING CUSTOMER CARE

Considering the thorough approach to Customer Care that Jeff
Greene takes, his definition of exemplary service makes sense:
"The customer is so overwhelmed he can't find the words to say
thank you."

IS THE CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT?

Then Jeff explained, "The customer is not always right, but you
have to make them think they are! It is important to listen
carefully to what the customer says--because the customer thinks
he is right. If you listen and try to understand a customer's
concerns and needs, usually you can resolve issues without
disputing right versus wrong. In most cases when a customer
realizes he is wrong, especially if you make him think it was
his idea, the resolution becomes quite amicable."

VISIT GCL'S WEB SITE

To learn more about Jeff Greene's Customer Care model, visit his
company's Web site: http://www.greeneclassiclimousines.com

SMALLER COMPANIES CAN "WOW" CUSTOMERS, TOO

You are familiar with some huge companies whose names have become
synonymous with superlative customer care.  One is the Ritz-
Carlton Hotel, which has made "puttin' on the Ritz" a common way
of referring to top-level treatment. Another is The Walt Disney
Company, renowned for cleanliness and efficiency.  And Celebrity
Cruises has generated lavish praise from its passengers. Yet
Greene Classic Limousines demonstrates that a company with fewer
than a hundred employees can make customers feel very special.
So your organization, whatever the size, can establish a stellar
reputation for the good feelings your customers get.

LCT LEADERSHIP SUMMIT

In closing, I will mention that Jeff will host me when I speak
at the Limousine and Chauffeured Transportation Summit in Miami.
Knowing Jeff, I am sure I will enjoy the "complete and total
satisfaction" that has become his trademark.

Bill Lampton, Ph.D., helps organizations improve their
communication, motivation, sales and customer service.
His speeches, seminars, consulting and coaching share
the advice included in his book, The Complete Communicator:
Change Your Communication, Change Your Life! Visit his Web
site and sign up for his complimentary monthly newsletter:
http://www.ChampionshipCommunication.com  Call Dr. Lampton
at 770-534-3425 or 800-393-0114.

  or her work. Bill Lampton Ph.D. can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Bill Lampton Ph.D.
http://www.championshipcommunication.com/