Free-Reprint Article Written by: Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D.

Internet Marketing With Client-Attracting Teleseminars: The 7 Most Common
Mistakes

Strategic Internet Marketing means attracting clients to your
website. Many e- businesses have built huge successes on a
foundation of teleseminars. But to win business with
teleseminars, you have to avoid these 7 traps.

Distribution Date and Time: Wed May  3 19:15:49 EDT 2006

Written By:     Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D.

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/g/7-common-mistakes-teleseminars.shtml

Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D.'s Picture URL:
   http://www.cathygoodwin.com/images/shadow9.gif

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Cathy_Goodwin,_Ph.D.

Internet Marketing With Client-Attracting Teleseminars: The 7 Most Common
Mistakes
Copyright © 2006 Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D.
Copy Cat Copywriting
http://www.copy-cat-copywriting.com/services.html

Strategic Internet Marketing means attracting clients to your
website. Many e- businesses have built huge successes on a
foundation of teleseminars.

But to win business with teleseminars, you have to avoid these
7 traps.

(1) Charging too much or too little.

Charge nothing and you may attract sign-ups, but they're often
no-shows. Some openly search for content they can use in their
own classes. Many will disappear as soon as you ask for a dollar.

Many marketers start with no-fee classes and then charge as their
reputation grows.

But when someone finds your class for the first time, she or he
may be unfamiliar with what you offered before. And the whole
dynamic of a class will change when you charge even a small fee.

(2) Choosing a ho-hum topic.

If you can frame your subject to show that you will help people
make money, lose weight and/or find a soulmate, you'll attract
more motivated participants.

(3) Wasting everyone's time..

Remember participants pay with their time, whether or not you
charge for participation. Ten minutes for a sales pitch, ten
minutes for roll call, twenty minutes for participants to "share"
why they're here. Now you've got twenty minutes to deliver
content.

Better to plan on fifty-eight minutes of value with a one-hour
class. You can follow up with an email to remind participants who
you are.

(4) Creating sleepy titles for your Teleclasses.

My course "7 Best-Kept Secrets of Client-Attracting Websites"
generates more interest than ""How to Write Copy for Your
Website."

And that's not as sizzling as it could be.

A problem-solving class might be called: "Creating an 'Aha!'
Moment Just When You Need It"

Mary Lynn, of The Writers Center, calls her novel-writing class,
"Write your novel -- in one day!"

A class on the business of creativity was re-named, "As you earn
more, keep more!"

(5) Turning the class over to your Inner Grinch.

Focus on moving to something wonderful, not avoiding something
horrible.

"Most businesses fail! Will yours be one of them?"

becomes

"One percent of home businesses will gross six figures this year
- and yours can be one of them!"

Of course, you must be able make that claim honestly and
ethically -- and a few testimonials wouldn't hurt.

(6) Being too modest and humble to take charge of your own
teleclass.

Be prepared to cut off long-winded questions and participants who
want to give "advice" to other callers.

Stay focused, organized and on topic. Make sure everyone has a
chance to participate -- not just the most proactive callers --
but I wouldn't force participation. I believe participants have
the right to "lurk" silently.

(7) Not using your unique personality.

"June" has such a charismatic personality that her classes would
fill with eager prospects if she read the phone book aloud for an
hour.

"Bill" has such weak, tentative delivery that his classes
actually turn away prospects who love his website.

Teleclasses can be fun for both leaders and participants -- and
there's no more convenient way to learn information. Once you get
going, you may be hooked on excitement. And you'll be surprised
at how many participants become clients over the next two years.

Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D., helps solo-preneurs, professionals and
small businesses build Internet revenues -- without turning
themselves into techies or high-powered pushy sales people.
Download her fr^e Report: 7 best-kept secrets of
client-attracting websites
http://www.copy-cat-copywriting.com/subscribe.html
Jump-start your own website:
http://www.copy-cat-copywriting.com/services.html

  or her work. Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D. can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D.
http://www.copy-cat-copywriting.com/services.html