Free-Reprint Article Written by: Kate Smalley

10 Key Strategies for Maintaining a Positive Attitude at Work and Home

Having a positive attitude is an important component of business
productivity. When we view ourselves positively, we accept who we
are and enable ourselves to soar to the greatest heights. Here are
10 essential strategies for maintaining a positive attitude at
work and home.

Distribution Date and Time: Fri May  5 03:11:29 EDT 2006

Written By:     Kate Smalley

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/s/positive-attitude-work-and-home.shtml

http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Kate_Smalley

10 Key Strategies for Maintaining a Positive Attitude at Work and Home
Copyright © 2006 Kate Smalley
Connecticut Secretary
http://www.connecticutsecretary.com

Having a positive attitude is an important component of business
productivity. When we view ourselves positively, we accept who we
are and enable ourselves to soar to the greatest heights. But
oftentimes, professionals may have the skills and expertise they
need to work effectively but negative attitudes undermine their
efforts and diminish their results. Here are 10 essential
strategies for maintaining a positive attitude at work and home.

1. Attitude is everything, so avoid negativity. It is the lens
that you look through to experience your reality. Take a look at
your attitude. Are you negative? Do you color everything with
fear or need? How will your life change if you change your
attitude?

2. Treat people with kindness and respect. Everyone that you
encounter should be valued and treated with courtesy. Acknowledge
that they have feelings and their own perspective on life; they
may be different than yours but they are also valid.

3. Avoid comparison. Constantly comparing yourself keeps the
focus on the other person instead of on what you can do, want to
do and are good at doing. Look inside and improve from there.

4. Take responsibility for your work, actions and life. Don't
pass the buck. Don't make excuses. Take responsibility;
acknowledge a mistake, fix it and learn from it. Don't beat
yourself up about the mistake or hang onto past mistakes. Resolve
them, own them and move forward. Today.

5. Adopt a that-doesn't-work-for-me stance. When someone insults
or belittles you, keep in mind that your worth comes from
you…your being…your true self. They can't change your intrinsic
value unless you let them. Make it clear that what they're doing
doesn't work for you. Keep your self-confidence and continue to
move forward.

6. Respect other people's time and boundaries. If you are having
a bad day, feeling stuck, or you are just enjoying
procrastinating, make sure you don't use that as an excuse to
waste other people's time or cross their boundaries. Time is the
most valuable thing we have.

7. Make a what-I-have-accomplished list. Too often, people make
huge to-do lists and then beat themselves up when they have only
accomplished a few things on the list. Each day, keep a specific
list of all the things you did and how much time you spent on
each thing. You'll know where the day went, can feel good about
what you did accomplish and see where you need to focus to get
what's most important to you done.

8. Take notice of the people around you. Acknowledge what
co-workers, customers, clients, vendors and other people are
contributing and don't take them for granted. Thank them for
buying from you, for their help, their value to the relationship
and for a job well done.

9. Enjoy the little things that happen in your day. Relish the
compliment someone gave you on the insight you shared at the
staff meeting or the big smile the customer gave you when they
picked up their order. By recognizing your accomplishments, even
if they seem small or routine, you are acknowledging a job well
done.

10. Always come from a positive attitude and perspective and you
will feel more in control.

Consider each job and interaction as your best performance,
rather than just running them together as part of your day. You
will see the impact you have and the value you offer. Others will
also notice your efforts and will respect your for your
contributions.

Copyright Kate Smalley
Connecticut Secretary
Transcription and Secretarial Support Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.connecticutsecretary.com

  or her work. Kate Smalley can be reached at:

and opinion of its author, Kate Smalley
http://www.connecticutsecretary.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/AZzolB/TM