publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.  Please do not
make changes without permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cucumber and Tomato Salad
by Monica Resinger

I have an excess of tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden right now, so came
up with this delicious salad.  It makes a great side dish to any meal... we
had it with fried oysters and garlic bread.  You can expand upon this recipe
with the addition of chopped onions and make it bigger by doubling or trippling
the ingredients.

Cucumber and Tomato Salad

1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
1 Tomato, diced
1 small Garlic Clove, minced
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Put cucumber and tomato into a medium bowl and toss gently.  In another bowl,
add the minced garlic clove, Dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar; mix with a
fork.  Slowly drizzle olive oil into other dressing ingredients and whip with
a fork to combine.  Add salt and pepper to taste, then pour over the cucumber
and tomato mixture and gently toss to combine.  4 small servings.

For related recipes, check out:
The Vegetable Recipe E-book:
The Salad Recipe E-book:
Get Monica's FREE weekly e-zine for homemakers!  To subscribe, just send a
blank e-mail to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]