publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.  Please do not
make changes without permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Painting Rocks
By Monica Resinger

Painting rocks is something my kids and I occasionally enjoy.  We get a lot
of our ideas from the ‘Painting on Rocks’ books, however, this is not

Some ideas are:

~ Make address rocks for neighbors, friends or family by painting the rock a
color that coordinates with the house that you are making it for.  Paint on
the address number and a few little flowers or other decorations.

~ Have the kids paint them into ‘creatures’ or insects to decorate your

~ Sometimes rocks come in unusual shapes such as hearts - accentuate that
shape with paint.  My daughter once used fabric paint and outlined a
rock with one color, then kept making new heart shapes inside each new heart
in a different color.  Some outlines she did as polka dots, some as dashed
lines and some as full lines.  It was really cute, but best of all, she had fun
doing it.

~ Paint them into large flowers - sunflowers and daisies are easy flowers to
paint.  You can set these into a planter for a ‘rock garden’.

Get Monica's FREE weekly e-zine for homemakers!  Just send a blank e-mail to:
Check out the 56 home, garden and recipe e-books full of reader tips that
have been published here: