Dear Publishers,

publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and
links are made active if possible.  Please do not make changes without
permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this article is included in
would be
appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Create your Own Computer Cookbook
By Monica Resinger

I’ve always loved saving and trying new recipes from magazines and books.
When we got Internet services, a whole new recipe world opened up!  I found
e-mail lists where people share recipes, ezines that have recipes published and
do searches on the Internet for specific recipes when I need them.  Obviously,
I needed a way to save these recipes.

I found a quick, organized and easy solution, and you don’t need a recipe
program to do it.  I have found it time consuming to save recipes from the
Internet into recipe programs because they require you to type in each separate
ingredient into the program’s recipe format.  This is too time-consuming
especially when you’re scanning lots of recipes.

What you need to save recipes my way is a word processing program such as ‘
Wordpad’, ‘Notepad’ or ‘Microsoft Works’.  Most new computers come with a word
processing program already installed on it, so if you have a fairly new
computer, you probably have a word processing program too.  I’m using Windows
operating system.  Here’s a step-by-step process of making your own computer
cookbook.

1.  The first thing you will want to do is make a new folder somewhere in
your computer such as in ‘My Documents’ called ‘Recipes’, or whatever you want
to name your cookbook.  You can create a new folder by selecting ‘New’ under ‘
File’, then select ‘Folder‘.  A new folder will show up and the computer
will prompt you to name it.

2.   Open a new document in the word processing program.

3.   Highlight the recipe you want to save by left clicking your mouse,
holding it down and dragging the cursor over the entire recipe you want to
save.
This should show black highlight over white text when you’re finished.

4.  Right click any part of the text you highlighted.  An options box should
pop up and you need to select ‘copy‘ from it.  Now you have copied the text
onto the clipboard of your computer.

in it.  From the options box, select ‘paste’.  This will paste your recipe
into the document.

5.  Save your recipe by clicking ‘save’ in the word processing document.
Double click the ‘Recipe’ folder you created in step 1 to go into this folder.
Now you will want to make a new folder for this type of recipe.  Click the ‘
New Folder’ icon at the top of the ‘save‘ box. The new folder will pop up in
the save box where you can give it a name.  If your recipe is a spaghetti
recipe for example, you can make the new folder a ‘ground beef’, ’Italian’ or ‘
main dish’ folder.  After you have named the new folder, double click it so you
will be saving the new recipe inside of it.  Now name the recipe accordingly
and click ‘save‘.

Follow this simple procedure for all your Internet recipes and soon you will
have your very own organized computer cookbook.  You can take this a step
further and type in your recipes to try or favorite recipes from cookbooks or
magazines; this will save space and money by eliminating the need for cookbooks
or
recipe storage systems.

I find it very handy and I can find recipes easily.  When I want to try one,
I print it out.  Since it is in a word processing program, you can change the
font or the colors to jazz it up.

If you'd rather save time and not fuss with making your own computer
cookbook, why not try our recipe e-books?  Get our recipe e-book package and
get 19
for the cost of 4!  Some of the e-books included are:  The Slowcooker
E-Cookbook, The Leftover Recipe E-Book, Creative Mixes E-Cookbook, Down-Home
Chicken
Recipes, The Beef Recipe E-book, The Vegetable Recipe E-book, Cakes and
Frostings
Recipe E-book and many more!  Click here for more information:
http://homemakersjournal.com/ebooklets.htm
Get Monica's FREE e-zine for homemakers!  To subscribe, just send a blank
e-mail to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links