Dear Publishers,

publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.  Please do not
make changes without permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

North Carolina Pulled Pork
By Monica Resinger
http://homemakersjournal.com

Since trying this recipe years ago, I haven't been able to cook pork roast
any other way; it is fabulous!  I usually serve it with garlic bread to sop up
the juices.  Coleslaw goes with it very well also.  The vinegar, ketchup and
water are the most important ingredients to the sauce.  I have added other
spices on hand when out of the ones listed and it always turns out just as good.

4-5 lb. Pork Roast
Seasoning Salt
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Celery Seed
1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/4 C. Vinegar (any kind)
1/2 C. Ketchup
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1 C. Water
Tabasco Sauce, to taste

Brown the roast in a small amount of fat in a Dutch oven or roaster.  Season
with seasoning salt.  Mix the rest of the ingredients, excluding the Tabasco
Sauce, and poor over the browned roast.  Bake in a preheated 325° oven, about
40 minutes to the pound, until done and very tender.  When done, pull the pork
with two forks until it is all shredded, then mix all meat and juice together.
 Let people add Tabasco Sauce to taste on their servings.

For more of Monica's recipes, check out A Year in the Kitchen with Monica
E-book:  http://homemakersjournal.com/yearinkitchen.htm
Be sure to see the large and growing selection of Home, Garden and Recipe
e-books at The Homemaker's Journal E-Publications website here:
http://homemakersjournal.com/allebooks.htm
Get Monica's FREE weekly e-zine for homemakers!  To subscribe, just send a
blank e-mail to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  where the articles was posted.

of the Authors Copyright.
Yahoo! Groups Links