Article Title: Recipe for Passion
Author Name: Julie Jordan Scott
Contact Email Address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Word Count: 597
Category: Spirituality, Love, Nature
Copyright Date: 2007

Publishing Guidelines: Thank you for publishing this article in its
entirety including the resource box. When possible, please notify me
of publication by sending either a website link or a copy of your
ezine upon publication via email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  THANKS!

Astonishing Pinecone
© 2007
Julie Jordan Scott
http://www.5passions.com

Recipe for Passion
© 2007
Julie Jordan Scott
http://www.5passions.com

The man looked like an old time seaman. He had weathered skin,
medium longish hair that was blonde-gray and slightly curly. His
eyes were smiling and friendly.

I had noticed him, bracing himself on the edge of the jetty,
much like I do.

He stood with his eyes closed and breathed, deeply. I watched
him breathing and then I watched his breathing change into
laughter, reflected from my son's boisterous laughter.

I have long treasured the transition time between day and
night and its sister, the transition time between night
and day. There is an energized soul quality that I experience
when the sun and the moon do their orchestrated sky dance.

As the sky darkened we recognized it as time to get back
into our car and drive towards home. We watched the huge
rocks reclining close by, the ones that created seaweed
covered waterfalls when the waves were just right and
negotiated our leaving time with the size of the waves.

Eventually our little family climbed our way back towards
the solid ground.

Barefoot Sam scrambled about, alternately racing
the waves and chortling when we sat on an immense boulder
and saw the thundering waves heading directly towards us.
Emma and Katherine had already been doused - and loved it.
They laughed triumphantly as they showed their off the
water marks on their clothes.

The man said to my children as they ambled past, "Must
be hearty spirits to be out there on the Jetty, most people
are too scared to go out there."

"Oh, I need to come here." I wanted to be at the Jetty
in Dana Point for this sundown, my first sundown in Dana
Point since John died. This place is so important to
me - the place I have gone for years when my heart craves
divine connection.

I continued on behalf of all of us. "Oh, it isn't choice
with us. We have to go out there. to be closer.and yes, my
children have incredible spirit, too."

"You aren't from around here, are you?" he asked me.

It seems I don't appear like I belong anywhere I land lately.

I shook my head. "I live in Bakersfield. Why do you ask
if I am from around here?"

I thought it was my non-beach attire or something that
gave me away.

"Look how few people are here." The seaman said. "The
people who live here don't necessarily appreciate it."

I have held onto those words since I heard them, more
than twenty four hours ago.

What does it take to fill each moment with passion? From
the spaces we fill, the air we breathe, the community we
have landed in?

There is a recipe, a simple one.

1. It requires awareness. Close attention to the moment
at hand which may easily be acquired through breathing
consciously without rushing through the moment.

2. It requires integrating the lessons - the beauty - the
infinite grace within the pulse of the moments that may cause
pain, separation from soul or disconnection and not allowing
them to be frittered away.

3. It requires looking at each consciously breathed
moment with wonder, no matter what their appearance is
at first.

4. It requires compassion - authentic nurturing, growth
and mutual transparency.

5. It requires investing in an energy of gratitude, where
we learn to be grateful for all that we are aware of, that
non-rushing space where creativity and relationships thrive.
Gratitude allows us to flow into an increase as we simply
raise one foot and put it down, raise our other foot and
put it down.

Julie Jordan Scott is a Writer, Life Coach, Poet, Speaker,
Actor, Director and Mom Extraordinaire whose deepest passion
is helping people - like you - discover and live with
passion. Call 661.444.2735 to book your complimentary
coaching session or visit http://www.5passions.com for
plentiful resources to live a passion-rich life.