Title of Article - *The Secret To Using Any Emotion At Will*
Author - Jan Tincher mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Word count - 920 words word-wrapped at 60 char. per line
This article may be freely distributed in its entirety with the
Copyright and Resource Box included.  Thank you!
If you would like to see more articles, go here:

If you are receiving this from me personally, not from a list,
(does it have your name in the To part of the heading or are
you a part of a list?), and do not want to receive the latest
articles, please reply to this email with *no more articles*
written in the subject line -- without the *'s.  Remember, if
you are a part of a list, you must unsub scribe from them as
I will not have your email ad dress on my list.

The Secret To Using Any Emotion At Will
~ By Jan Tincher
Copyright © Jan Tincher - All Rights reserved

When you are feeling an emotion, it affects areas of your body

Everyone is unique. Some people feel anxiety in their body in
ways that someone else might feel happiness or motivation. Some
people feel anger with all the submodalities of someone else's fear.

*** Submodalities are what you experience mentally *inside your
head* or physically *with your body,* using your five senses of
hear, feel, smell, see, or taste. Feeling could be the actual touching
or it could be how you feel physically. ***

The secret is to use these submodalities to make your emotions
work for you, to use any emotion you want at will. Also, to NOT
use them at will.

Do you cry easily? Do you anger easily? Do you hesitate? Do you
get anxious easily?

All of these emotions have submodalities that have to happen in
order for you to feel the emotion.

*** I'll tell you another secret. Your brain does not know the
difference between real and vividly imagined. If you haven't read
the story about the lemon which explains this, please write and
put "brain" in the subject line, without the quotation marks.
Thanks, Jan ***

For instance, when you get mad, let's say your face gets red, your
ears burn, there's tension in your stomach, and you have a weight
on your chest. How about the minute you feel your face getting red,
mentally imagine it to be blue. The minute your feel the tension in
your stomach, why not have the Pac Man faces come in and start
eating it away?

And as far as the weight on your chest, what about imagining all
that tension being released like a balloon with the air escaping?
You have just rearranged the submodalities that *used to* start
off the anger situation. Your body now does not have the same
pattern to follow. Now, you don't anger easily! Why? Because
you've taken control.

Let's put it another way. *Someone else* did NOT make you
angry. You *allowed* them to make you angry by letting them
upset one or more of your values. They messed with what you
believe in. You decided you weren't going to put up with that,
and YOU decided to get angry. Oops! There it goes!

Your face is getting red -- hey, wait a minute, now it's getting
green. Hey, that's funny. See, now your attention is on humor.
You've just allowed yourself to take charge of your emotions
and *nip it in the bud,* so to speak. And, guess what. It was
easy! No one needs to get angry at the drop of a hat. Stand
back. Now, you can make a mature decision on how to handle
the situation. And didn't that feel great? You don't have to go
around feeling like the back end of a horse. You know?

Now, each person, each situation is different. For now, just
concentrate on what emotion you really want to have a handle
on. What you want to fix right now. Put yourself in that situation
and just feel. Ask yourself these questions:

Can I feel the weight of the emotion? How about the temperature
of it? There's a texture and a tension, isn't there? Where? Does it
feel rigid or flexible? Where is the pressure? What does the
pressure feel like? Is there something changing size or shape that
I can feel? Is there a throbbing? Is there moisture? What is my
breathing like? Is there movement somewhere in my body? Where
do I feel it? Does it feel good, or bad, for a short time? Or a long

The basic submodalities are what you see, hear, feel, taste, touch.
When it comes to emotions, there are a lot more. As you answer
all the questions, write the answers down.

Now, look at the list. Take one of your answers. Let's say your
emotion feels like it's very hot and weighs ten pounds. In your
mind, cover the emotion, wherever it is, with ice and watch it cool
down. Now, watch as it shrivels down to nothing. See that picture
from now on when you are feeling that way.

If you get angry instantly, you get angry by rote. That means your
body has learned what to do and does it automatically. Now that
you know how to recognize the symptoms of habitual anger, from
now on STOP it immediately. You recognize the signs, now you
know how to STOP them from progressing. Pretty soon they won't
even come around.

Now, how can we use this knowledge that is the secret to using any
emotion at will?

How about if we WANT to be happy? Then, why don't we use the
submodalities on purpose?

Why don't we feel light? Breathe deep? Get excited enough to get
our heart beating faster? Why don't we start feeling energetic? IF
that's how you feel happy in the first place. Figure it out, then use
it repeatedly so you'll always have that knowledge and it will come
easily from now on.

You've been doing it for years, now just think about what you
need to do, and do it on purpose! Rev up the ol' engine until it does
it on it's own, the minute you want it. That's the secret to using any
emotion you want at will.

Thanks for reading,

Copyright 2007, Jan Tincher, All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Check out my Tame Your Brain Blog here:
Check out all my blogs here:

DISCLAIMER: Jan Tincher and/or *Tame Your Brain!* do not
guarantee or warrant that the techniques and strategies portrayed
will work for everyone. The techniques and strategies are general
in nature and may not apply to everyone. The techniques and
strategies are not intended to substitute for obtaining medical
advice from the medical profession. Always consult your own
professionals before making any life-changing decisions.

Jan Tincher, Master Neuro-Linguistic Programmer and
Hypnotherapist, has written many great articles on how
to succeed.  Check them out here:

==>Publishers, you are welcome to reprint this article in its
entirety provided you retain the above resource box and include
this notice.  If you would like more articles, please visit my article
site here: http://www.tameyourbrain.com/articles.htm

Click here for your fr*ee "Tame Your Brain!" Toolbar!
If you like it, please pass it on to your friends!
(Sorry, not applicable to Macs.)

Other sites you might like:
Red Hat Ladies Society

Jan Tincher