Title of Article - *6 Steps To Making A Change*
Author - Jan Tincher mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Word count - 750 words word-wrapped at 60 char. per line
This article may be freely distributed in its entirety with the
Copyright and Resource Box included.  Thank you!
If you would like to see more articles, go here:

If you are receiving this from me personally, not from a list,
(does it have your name in the To part of the heading or are
you a part of a list?), and do not want to receive the latest
articles, please reply to this email with *no more articles*
written in the subject line -- without the *'s.  Remember, if
you are a part of a list, you must unsub scribe from them as
I will not have your email ad dress on my list.

6 Steps To Making a BIG Change In Your Life
~ By Jan Tincher

Copyright © Jan Tincher - All Rights reserved

Do you want to make a change, but you don't know how?
Do you want to make a change, but you've made changes
before and they haven't *stuck?* Do you want to make a
change, but you don't see it worth expending the effort?

Check out these six steps and see if this will work for you.

One: Decide what you really want.

Decide what you really want, and then look at what is
preventing you from having it NOW.

Look at each one of the thoughts that are preventing you
from having it now, and ask yourself these questions about
each thought:

Could I allow myself to welcome this thought?
Could I allow myself to accept this thought?
Could I allow myself to release this thought? To just let it go?

Then, when you've answered them, go on to these questions:

Could I release it? (This is different than *Could I ALLOW
myself to release this thought.*)
Would I release it?

It's perfectly OK for no to be an answer. This is just to get your
mind used to the idea of releasing thoughts that have kept you
from accomplishing your goals.

Two: Get leverage.

Get leverage by associating extreme pain to NOT changing NOW,
and extreme pleasure to the experience of changing NOW. Do a lot
of visualizing here. If you need help, go to

Three: Release the pattern that is limiting you.

In order to release the pattern that is limiting you, you need to
identify what that pattern is, then use the same technique in step
one for releasing it. Also, you may find
additional information here: Http://www.tameyourbrain.com/beliefpattern.htm

Four: Create a new, empowering alternative.

What can be a thought pattern that would empower you?

How about one of these: *I can do it!* *Yes!* *Power!*

Where you used to think the thoughts that limited you, now think
an empowering thought. Cancel the old thought pattern. You can
find the Cancel Technique at

Five: Condition the new pattern until it's consistent.

Pretend you have a mandatory drill every day to condition the
new thought pattern -- as many times as you can, but be consistent.
If you do it 5 different times during the day, do it at those same
times the next day. In the beginning, OVERemphasize your new,
empowering habit. Totally focus on doing it louder, longer, cuter,
faster, whatever, as this will help you remember to do it.

Six: Test it!

Does it work? If not, why not? If it doesn't work, redo it. If it does
work, share the process with those who can use it. Good luck.

*** The technique for releasing your thoughts is in The Sedona
Method. You can receive a free tape that explains more here:

Thanks for reading.

P.S. Here's what I've found to be the best methods for handling stress:

Copyright 2007, Jan Tincher, All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Check out my Tame Your Brain! Blog here:
Check out all my blogs here:

DISCLAIMER: Jan Tincher and/or *Tame Your Brain!* do
not guarantee or warrant that the techniques and strategies
portrayed will work for everyone. The techniques and strategies
are general in nature and may not apply to everyone. The
techniques and strategies are not intended to substitute for
obtaining medical advice from the medical profession. Always
consult your own professionals before making any life-changing

Sub/scribe to "Tame Your Brain!" here. When you do, you'll
receive FREE "Do Butterflies Land On Your Shoulder?" --
a fantastic article on how to find Peace. Cli/ck here:

==>Publishers, you are welcome to reprint this article in its
entirety provided you retain the above resource box and
include this notice. If you would like more articles, please
visit my article site here:

Click here for your fr*ee "Tame Your Brain!" Toolbar!
If you like it, please pass it on to your friends!
(Sorry, not applicable to Macs.)

Other sites you might like:
Red Hat Ladies Society

Jan Tincher