publications as long as the bio at the end of the article is included and the
link is made active at websites and if possible, in newsletters.  Please do not
make changes without permission.  A courtesy copy of the publication this
article is included in would be appreciated; my e-mail is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Three Tips that will Help you Rid Lice for Good!
By Monica Resinger

A couple of years ago, my daughter had the misfortune of getting lice.  It
was a terrible experience that I hope none of you have to go through, but if
you
do get it, I’d like give you three tips that helped me rid lice for good.
When you buy the lice treatment, please follow the instructions included for
treating lice and cleaning your home, then use my tips as additional measures
ensure you have rid them for good.

First off, I'd like to ad that this can be extremely hard to get rid of so
don't feel like a failure if you have tried to get rid of them and it didn‘t
work.  I had an extremely hard time getting rid of them - so hard that I
finally
visited our doctor to find out how to get rid of it for good.

TIP #1:  His first recommendation was to get a metal, fine-toothed comb to
comb the lice out rather than using the comb provided in the lice shampoo
package.  It is imperative to get every single egg out of the hair so you have
to be
meticulous.  The metal combs are sturdier and the teeth are spaced closer
together so you will have a better chance of getting them all.  If you don’t
see
these combs in the lice section, ask the pharmacist.  They are expensive, but
worth it.  Don't think like I did... The lice box says it kills lice and their
eggs so I thought if I didn't get every one, they would be dead anyway...
WRONG... you need to get them all out just in case one survives.  It may take a
long time to do this especially if your daughter has long hair as mine did, but
it will save you hours of time later by ridding it for good.

TIP #2:  My doctor then told me the most helpful thing anyone could ever
learn about lice, and for this reason, I can't understand why this isn't told
us parents! (maybe because the lice product companies want to sell as much as
they can).  What he told me was that full-strength vinegar dissolves lice eggs!
 I took this to heart and knowing that vinegar can actually be good for your
hair, I had my daughter and the rest of my family (even though the rest of the
family didn‘t get lice) rinse their hair with it after every shampoo.  I
still have my daughter do it as a precaution.  I figure if one lice bug were to
get in her hair and lay eggs in a day, the vinegar she uses to rinse her hair
should dissolve them out before they can hatch!  So far, so good!

TIP #3:  Lastly, I had heard that blow-drying hair will help; I think because
they don't like heat or styling products (probably why I didn't get it).  So,
we began blow-drying my daughter's hair every morning after her shower.

By following the cleaning regimen like the lice shampoo instructions tell and
following the tips above, we finally got rid of lice for good.  Remember to
have your children keep their hair up in ponytails or braided if it is long and
tell them to never share combs, brushes, barrettes (or other hair things),
hats, coats or other clothing when they go to school, daycare or other place
with lots of children.  Please spread these tips in an effort to help battle
this
epidemic!  Thank-you!

For more tips for ridding lice, see the 'Rid Lice for Good!' E-book:
_http://homemakersjournal.com/lice.htm_ (http://homemakersjournal.com/lice.htm)

Monica is the founder Homemaker's Journal E-publications, the growing home of
many fun and informative home and garden e-books, tip sheets, articles and
more!  _http://homemakersjournal.com/_ (http://homemakersjournal.com/)
Get a FREE Slowcooker Recipe E-book when you subscribe to Monica's FREE
e-zine for homemakers!  To subscribe and receive instructions for picking up
your
FREE e-book, just send a blank e-mail to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Feel free to publish this article as long as the above bylines & this note
are included; notification at [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
would be appreciated.