Title of Article - *The Mask I Wear*
Author - Jan Tincher mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Word count - 585 words word-wrapped at 60 char. per line
This article may be freely distributed in its entirety with the
Copyright and Resource Box included.  Thank you!
If you would like to see more articles, go here:

If you are receiving this from me personally, not from a list,
(does it have your name in the To part of the heading or are
you a part of a list?), and do not want to receive the latest
articles, please reply to this email with *no more articles*
written in the subject line -- without the *'s.  Remember, if
you are a part of a list, you must unsub scribe from them as
I will not have your email ad dress on my list.

The Mask I Wear
~ By Jan Tincher

Copyright © Jan Tincher - All Rights reserved

The more I wear the mask, the more I am it. I may start
out unsure of myself, but the more I wear the mask of surety,
the more I am sure.

What mask are you wearing?

Is it a mask named *Success*? Look at the mask and what
do you see? What are you succeeding in when you wear it?
Who are your friends? What are they saying? What is the
weather like outside when you are succeeding? Can you feel
the cool breeze or do you feel the hot sun? Is there air
conditioning inside, or is there heat? What type of clothing
do you wear when you are successful? Do you have a special
scent for success, cologne, perfume, candle? Look in the
mirror to see what you look like. Are your shoulders back?
Is your spine straight?

Or is it a mask of relaxed competence? When you look at
that mask, what do you see? What do you look like when
you're wearing it? What is the situation where you will want
to wear it? One where you USED TO be uptight, anxious,
but once you put the mask on you are relaxed and

The next time you wear your *feel good and in control*
masks, feel those successful feelings as you put it on. Feel
the successful feelings as you set it on your face, feel the
successful feelings spread throughout your body as you
straighten up and take a nice deep breath. FEEL successful
and your brain can't help but lead you toward success.

TIP: If you feel resentful of everyone else's success, success
will NOT come your way, so make sure and take off your
resentful mask immediately.

The same with failure. Do you have a mask for failure?
Immediately take it off and replace it with your successful
mask. Do you have a mask for anger? Immediately take it
off and replace it with your relaxed competence mask. Do
you have other masks you don't like? Immediately take them
off and replace them with the mask you want.

Have fun with this. Find the masks you wear that you don't
like, find the masks you wear that you like. See how fast
you can remove the unwanted mask and replace it with the
successful mask. See how fast you can feel successful,
competent, etc.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. Here's what I've found to be the best methods for achieving

Copyright 2007, Jan Tincher, All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Check out my Tame Your Brain! Blog here:
Check out all my blogs here:

DISCLAIMER: Jan Tincher and/or *Tame Your Brain!* do not
guarantee or warrant that the techniques and strategies portrayed
will work for everyone. The techniques and strategies are
general in nature and may not apply to everyone. The techniques
and strategies are not intended to substitute for obtaining medical
advice from the medical profession. Always consult your own
professionals before making any life-changing decisions.

Subscribe to my fr/ee ezine, "Tame Your Brain!" and receive fr/ee
"Do Butterflies Land On Your Shoulder?" -- a fantastic article on
how to find peace.  Cl/ick here to subscribe to Tame Your Brain!:

==>Publishers, you are welcome to reprint this article in its
entirety provided you retain the above resource box and include
this notice, plus notify us of the day(s) you will be running it.
If you would like more articles, please visit my article site here:

Click here for your fr*ee "Tame Your Brain!" Toolbar!
If you like it, please pass it on to your friends!
(Sorry, not applicable to Macs.)

Other sites you might like:
Red Hat Ladies Society

Jan Tincher